Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPS Stability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FPS Stability

    hello everyone! i was wondering if some how i could get my FPS to stop going up and down like crazy in matches. when nothing is happening i get 80fps....when heavy action is happening on maps such as deck and sancutuary, i get 25-40fps. is there anyway to stop the FPS from going up and down so much in the middle of a game? im thinking a new processor...but what do you guys suggest? funny thing is user created maps my FPS dont go down hardly at all i stay around 80FPS at all times.

    here are my specs

    Windows Vista 32bit
    Athlon 64 x2 4400+ 2.3Ghz
    XFX 8800GT 512mb
    2gigs of ram
    500W PSU

    if i upgraded to a Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.0Ghz would i see more Stabilized frames?

    #2
    HI,

    just 2 days ago I had an amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ .. and I was thinking
    about getting an 6000+
    which would cost me about 130 euro's

    but then I checked some benchmarks
    and could clearly see that intels even with much lover ghz are better,,,,

    so I changed my cpu and mobo..

    to p5.. something...
    and E6750

    It runs really smooth...

    all details at 4 res. 1440 x 900..

    I paid 210 euro's (with mobo)

    .. I think the 80 euro's were worth it
    since my new mobo is quad ready and OC'able to 1600 mhz..


    I'm sorry to say this but am2 is dying.....

    get more money and change to intel... seriously...
    (mounting the intel fan will be a b%tch :P though)

    about the user created maps:

    well they have much less polyss (most of them)
    and aren't as much complex when it comes to lightening...
    also less moving actors.....

    all that is consumin cpu and vga power.....

    Comment


      #3
      yeah forgot to add i got a dell inspiron 531...so i dont think i can replace my motherboard but all i am wanting to know is if i buy a 6000+ will my FPS not be all over the place like it is now?

      Comment


        #4
        yes that would make a pretty good difference, but make sure you have a good heatsink to go with it

        Comment


          #5
          I believe you already some of tried my tweaks? Still not happy?
          DetailMode is what is giving everyone the lag...Set it to "0" and your troubles will go away.

          Have you tried using FramerateSmoothing? Its normally capped at 62, and with your card (as my 9600GT) it can stay a constant 60+. You can set this option and then go into your UTEngine.ini and change MaxSmoothedFrameRate=80.000000. I dont notice any screen tearing from using this option either. It seems to help when turning fast.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MTL View Post
            I believe you already some of tried my tweaks? Still not happy?
            DetailMode is what is giving everyone the lag...Set it to "0" and your troubles will go away.

            Have you tried using FramerateSmoothing? Its normally capped at 62, and with your card (as my 9600GT) it can stay a constant 60+. You can set this option and then go into your UTEngine.ini and change MaxSmoothedFrameRate=80.000000. I dont notice any screen tearing from using this option either. It seems to help when turning fast.
            Yes I advise turning DetailMode to "0", too. I had horrible FPS but once I set that to "0", everything is great and I haven't even noticed a decrease in visuals.

            Comment


              #7
              ok yeah i did try your guide out when i had a 8500GT and it worked wonders. but when i bought a 8800GT i expected to not have to mess with tweaking it ever again since i had alot better video card. but i will try detial mode zero ...thanks...and by the way im gonna order the 6000+ hope it helps some on the game.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Zombielord View Post
                hello everyone! i was wondering if some how i could get my FPS to stop going up and down like crazy in matches. when nothing is happening i get 80fps....when heavy action is happening on maps such as deck and sancutuary, i get 25-40fps. is there anyway to stop the FPS from going up and down so much in the middle of a game? im thinking a new processor...but what do you guys suggest? funny thing is user created maps my FPS dont go down hardly at all i stay around 80FPS at all times.

                here are my specs

                Windows Vista 32bit
                Athlon 64 x2 4400+ 2.3Ghz
                XFX 8800GT 512mb
                2gigs of ram
                500W PSU

                if i upgraded to a Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.0Ghz would i see more Stabilized frames?
                Get the 6400+ from Newegg for $163

                Make sure you get a Windsor with 2x1Mb cache

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                  Get the 6400+ from Newegg for $163

                  Make sure you get a Windsor with 2x1Mb cache
                  ok thanks for the advice...the reason i was planning on getting a 6000+ was because i heard that thats the biggest processor i can put on my mother board for some reason. dont know if thats true or not. i dont know exactly what my motherboard is but i do know its a Asus motherboard, nforce 4 chipset.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Zombielord View Post
                    ok thanks for the advice...the reason i was planning on getting a 6000+ was because i heard that thats the biggest processor i can put on my mother board for some reason. dont know if thats true or not. i dont know exactly what my motherboard is but i do know its a Asus motherboard, nforce 4 chipset.
                    You should find out exactly what it is before making any decisions on a new processor

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I would go with a quad. I've had my FX60 to 3Ghz and with a resolution of 1280x1024 and it still felt sluggish. Even with settings on low and few people in a CTF server. Low fps. Simply quads are better for UT3

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Zombielord View Post
                        ok thanks for the advice...the reason i was planning on getting a 6000+ was because i heard that thats the biggest processor i can put on my mother board for some reason. dont know if thats true or not. i dont know exactly what my motherboard is but i do know its a Asus motherboard, nforce 4 chipset.
                        Since it's a dell, you should go to the dell support page and look if there is a revised bios. Early dell AM2 boards may not have the later cpu info. You may have to update the bios.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X