Ps3 Lag Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 Lag Problem

I would just like to address the lag problem in ut3, i see more lag in this game more than any other ive played, it would be nice to see a fix to the problem as it is hampering me from playing ut3 online all the time having to go offline more often.

Originally posted by SeRpEnT_SiCkNeSs View Post
    I would just like to address the lag problem in ut3, i see more lag in this game more than any other ive played, it would be nice to see a fix to the problem as it is hampering me from playing ut3 online all the time having to go offline more often.
    If I had a big steaming pile of **** for everytime I heard someone say that on this forum my house would be full of *****. But you are 100% correct in what you said, i've even discovered I enjoy myself more playing the bots in Instant Action because sometime online is just unplayable. I'm sure/hoping there will be a new patch soon that will address the problem. Until then looks like its me, the bots and some fragging on custom maps.

Comment

Originally posted by RevDeej View Post
      If I had a big steaming pile of **** for everytime I heard someone say that on this forum my house would be full of *****. But you are 100% correct in what you said, i've even discovered I enjoy myself more playing the bots in Instant Action because sometime online is just unplayable. I'm sure/hoping there will be a new patch soon that will address the problem. Until then looks like its me, the bots and some fragging on custom maps.
      I actually don't have this issue. My PS3 locks up when I try to join a server sometimes but I hardly ever experience lag.
      1.5Mbps/384Kbps Naked DSL from verizon here and it is actualy smoother than the comcrapstic 5MB cable intenet I had before they jacked up my monthly bill (so I canceled them...)

Comment

well 99. 8 percent have the problem and well if u found tons of people taklin about the problem then dont u think they should fix it, i mean cmon i have good cable connection and never really had this problem with any other game. Id say if they fix it we would see at least a 40-65% increase in players online.
        tell its fixed im plyin pcsspeed mut on godlike bots.

Comment

Lag is a part of the UT3 experience on PS3, there's now way around it. Hey at least when guys lose, they can blame it on lag.

Comment

this problem can be fixed easly by setting up MIDWAY servers with -150 ping, and we all will be playing happely ever after!

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
              Lag is a part of the UT3 experience on PS3, there's now way around it. Hey at least when guys lose, they can blame it on lag.
              lolool

UnrealTournament3 this problem can be fixed easly by setting up MIDWAY servers with -150 ping, and we all will be playing happely ever after!
              yes, other way is doing like warhawk:

"Also the game should limit the number of players when you host a game to something your connection speed can handle. Warhawk does a test upload and download then tells you what your maximum player count can be, every time you try and host, e.g. my broadband is approx 4000 down, 384 up, Warhawk lets my PS3 host 8 player games with no lag at all, UT3 lags terribly hosting fewer players on the same connection speed." (from a ps3 gamer on epic official forums)

please epic improve ut3 online in ps3!!

Comment

^That's how it's set up when you host your own server on Warhawk. When a user server lags on UT3 it's because they can't handle enough people, which is perfectly reasonable.

But when all of the official "dedicated" servers lag and can't handle the amount of people playing, that's very questionable. I try to stay away from Midway servers, but when the game first came out they were great outside of freezing. Well, they were great for DM/TDM/CTF and the other 2 modes were unplayable. On Warhawk, the official dedicated servers are flawless.

Comment

This thread is very sensetive, before it closes, i just want to say.. Improve and develop the online of UT3 before its too late.

Comment

in fact in love UT!! but with other games comin out like gta & mgo...this games will have good online expirience....ut is going to fall man!! so disapoint..an AWSOME fps game with a bad online

but if epic makes a ps3 patch with greater online for ut..ohh man..this community will be improved 10x...and this is want i want to believe
                    i believe that they will make it....but they could say something about it!!

ps: wartourist will you update the UT3 FAQ? this problem with the online of ut3 ps3 is getting frequently asked! thank's.

Comment

i always wondered why there are no duel dedicated servers, i mean its gettings irritating when every1 wants to play on the laggy host (wether it be good/bad players hosting). Yet thats the only way you can duel is joining som1 elses host, and ****ing god forbig any1 join my rooms when i host. Its like every1 disappears when i host, i dont get it.

Comment

thats so true mate!!

ps: wartourist will you update the UT3 FAQ? this problem with the online of ut3 ps3 is getting frequently asked! thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by blackm View Post
                          in fact in love UT!! but with other games comin out like gta & mgo...this games will have good online expirience....ut is going to fall man!! so disapoint..an AWSOME fps game with a bad online
                          That is the truth. UT3 has the potential to be a great game, but the online is letting it down at the moment. If something isn't done soon, UT3 will be lost in the sea of the great games that are on the horizon (GTA4, MGO etc). Then again, whats to say that when these games come out they wont suffer the same problems? We can only hope.

Comment

If your broadband gives you anything around 1MB of upload, host a game. Especially if your PS3 is port forwarded correctly or you don't use a router, you could be hosting some awesome games. The user servers are so much better than Midway ones, and you'll remember why you love this game if you can get into hosting.

Maybe it'll take a half hour to get the game full sometimes (much less if you have an active buddy list) but it's worth it.

Comment

just make a lag free game and it would be a complete turna round. a big one.

Comment

Working...
                              X