Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still receiving lockups ingame

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm still receiving lockups ingame

    Hey all
    I bought UT3 3 days ago and it all started with ocassional lock ups where I had to do ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game (something with hungapp.exe)

    I tried the tweaks here and they seemed to have helped fix some of the crashing I managed to play a bit of the campaign without crashing.
    Now I'm at the Kargo mision with the Krall and I suddenly start to lock-up /crash again it happens always when I see a Krall I have no idea why I can see them fine in a quick action match.
    it starts with an C++ library error (something I never had before even in UT3)
    The error is now something with wrap_oal.dll sometimes I already tried to replace it with the one from windows/system 32 it still gives this.
    I also replaced the OpenAL32.dll with the windows one, I tried it with disabling openAL as suggested but it keeps locking up.
    My main problem is that the crashing/ lock-up (whatever it is called ) is still persisting I'm pretty desperate now first it crashed every game and I thought it was over by now.
    I also reinstalled all the drivers for my graphic card and for my soundcard and I also downloaded that NETframe thingie from Microsoft.

    I also noticed that I get a lock-up/crash sometimes when I'm browsing the multiplayer window and try to change game mode in the lobby. because of this I haven't been able to enjoy any online game of ut3 yet.
    The demo ran 100% fine on this computer and had no problems with anything.

    My pc is :
    Pentium 4 :3.2Ghz
    1024 MB Ram
    Video Card : Radeon 1300XT /X1600Pro/X1650 series (512MB)
    my sound card is a: Soundblaster live! 24 Bit with a 5.1 surround attached to it.
    My pc should be able to run Ut fine in my opinion

    I hope anyone of you is able to help me, I hope I provided enough information about my issue. I know I'm not the first one that's why I already tried every tweak possible and setting change that has been mentionned also note that I updated all my drivers, I'm really out of ideas and I just want to enjoy this fine game. (for the times I have been able to play a bit)

    Thx in advance ,
    Chaos_Raptor

    #2
    bump
    I've been thinking I haven't tried the -no sound option yet does anyone know how to do it? would be appreciated (I know you need to add it somewhere?)
    Also if you find anything usefull for my problem feel free to share your idea anything helps
    I really hope it is my soundblaster it would be a relief if it is...

    I also discovered when I do lockup / crash my cpu is running at 100% according to taskmanager Don't know if this helps

    thx in advance

    Comment


      #3
      just tested no sound and it still happens so it's not my Soundcard eather
      In campaign it really crashes now at Kargo whenever I see a krall I get that c++ lib error and it closes down .

      I think I need to give up as noone has even a single idea what happens here the pc should be able to run it

      Just discovered that trying to change the resolution to 800x600 causes it to crash with kernel32.dll error what is this for nonsense -_-

      Comment


        #4
        ah well I give up tried everything I could, guess I wasted 50€ buying this game
        thx for the help anyway I guess

        Time to uninstall and put this game on the shelf.
        I really hoped I could fight with you guys once but oh well seems like fate doesn't want me to play ut...

        goodbye all.

        If you would find anything that might fix it feel still free to post I might give it a try.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Chaos_Raptor View Post
          Hey all
          I bought UT3 3 days ago and it all started with ocassional lock ups where I had to do ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game (something with hungapp.exe)

          I tried the tweaks here and they seemed to have helped fix some of the crashing I managed to play a bit of the campaign without crashing.
          Now I'm at the Kargo mision with the Krall and I suddenly start to lock-up /crash again it happens always when I see a Krall I have no idea why I can see them fine in a quick action match.
          it starts with an C++ library error (something I never had before even in UT3)
          The error is now something with wrap_oal.dll sometimes I already tried to replace it with the one from windows/system 32 it still gives this.
          I also replaced the OpenAL32.dll with the windows one, I tried it with disabling openAL as suggested but it keeps locking up.
          My main problem is that the crashing/ lock-up (whatever it is called ) is still persisting I'm pretty desperate now first it crashed every game and I thought it was over by now.
          I also reinstalled all the drivers for my graphic card and for my soundcard and I also downloaded that NETframe thingie from Microsoft.

          I also noticed that I get a lock-up/crash sometimes when I'm browsing the multiplayer window and try to change game mode in the lobby. because of this I haven't been able to enjoy any online game of ut3 yet.
          The demo ran 100% fine on this computer and had no problems with anything.

          My pc is :
          Pentium 4 :3.2Ghz
          1024 MB Ram
          Video Card : Radeon 1300XT /X1600Pro/X1650 series (512MB)
          my sound card is a: Soundblaster live! 24 Bit with a 5.1 surround attached to it.
          My pc should be able to run Ut fine in my opinion

          I hope anyone of you is able to help me, I hope I provided enough information about my issue. I know I'm not the first one that's why I already tried every tweak possible and setting change that has been mentionned also note that I updated all my drivers, I'm really out of ideas and I just want to enjoy this fine game. (for the times I have been able to play a bit)

          Thx in advance ,
          Chaos_Raptor
          At best your PC can handle it in very limited way on world and texture detail 1 or 2, your pc isn't for gaming, the pentium 4 is weak cpu and not meant for any games, the video card the same.
          you wanna game? build new pc starting with Intel C2D and video card like 9600GT if you got money.

          Comment


            #6
            k thx for the reply I know my P4 is getting older but it still runs ut3 without any kind of lagg or anything on detail 1 or 2.

            My main problem is the weird errors you think it comes from the pc itself?
            I don't have any other problems with other games and the demo ran excellent.

            True, I'm going to get a new pc soon but I really thought it should run some people I know that have much worse comps are able to run it. (looks like doom1 though but it works Oo )

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PhenomFX View Post
              At best your PC can handle it in very limited way on world and texture detail 1 or 2, your pc isn't for gaming, the pentium 4 is weak cpu and not meant for any games, the video card the same.
              you wanna game? build new pc starting with Intel C2D and video card like 9600GT if you got money.
              That's unrelated to his lockup issue. Not only that, but my computer has a slower processor (P4 2.8GHz) and a slightly faster card (7600GT), yet I get great performance. Unfortunately, I have tons of lockups and crashes too, but it is not a hardware problem (happens on several other computers too).

              Comment


                #8
                Hey D,
                I saw we share some of the problems (from other topics) my game runs 100% on suspense but when I play campaign at the harbor mission with the krall now, it crashes whenever they start shooting ( same c++ thing as you)
                Also on other random maps I have the same it's a shame that the real core of the problem cannot be found yet

                Comment


                  #9
                  I had the same kinda problem, my pc's are,

                  3ghz p4
                  1mb ram
                  128mb ati radeon pro
                  xp pro sp1 never bothered to upgrade to sp2

                  I actually cooked this pc playing ut2004, the fan on the sis 655 chip went and the chip cooked. Not the fault of ut2004 I just was playing that at the time.
                  The above pc played ut2004 at 1028x760 really well and no probs at all.
                  Played ut3 badly, about 15 fps at medium graphics detail. Had alot of crashes also.

                  I got a new pc

                  E6550 intel 2.3ghz
                  4gb ram
                  8800gt 512mb gigabyte (driver 169.21)
                  gigabyte 775 mobo
                  xp pro sp2 i paid extra for this! (vista just was'nt an option till they fix it)
                  no sound card (use onboard mobo gigabyte 775) helps with cooling, i have about 4 audigy cards but don't use em.
                  Avast antivirus free
                  Sygate firewall free
                  logitech Mx518 mouse
                  ut3 patch 1.1

                  that plays ut2004 badly, the mouse is all wrong, not that a novice would notice anything, but I've been playing since the start. Play ut2004 at highest resolution but I have to cap it using vsynch and do all sorts of alterations to the ini files to make it run half decent.

                  UT3 plays like a dream at 1280x960 on a 22" hannsg, everything maxed out. Completely different game on this pc to playing it on the 3ghz.
                  I was amazed at ut3, the graphics and great movement, weapons, effects, everything fantastic, and no problems with mouse.
                  I also enabled openAL with no probs but took it off as it was just too much sound at me! Some people are reporting probs if you have it enabled, but as I said , found it much better with it off.

                  I go back to Deck ut2004 sometimes but compared to ut3 on this rig, ut2004 just does'nt come close to ut3 for me.

                  Frankly I could'nt believe the difference in the two pc's as they seem to me not that different. I think as far as ut3 is concerned its the the graphics memory that is important. 512mb at least.
                  Also you are supposed to use a special driver 129.28, they (nvidia) did for ut3 if you get the 8800gt. However, I play on 169.21 with no problems at all.
                  Also AVG conflicts with ut3, so Avast (free) is a better option. I changed over to it with no probs.
                  Also get a gigabyte mobo, asus have had probs with outdated drivers.

                  All this info is on the forums i've just put it here briefly for you.

                  Hope the above is helpful and hope to see you on Deck ut3 sometime.

                  come get some, Necessitor

                  Comment


                    #10
                    thanks for your respond your old pc has almost same specs as mine a.t.m.
                    Only difference would be my graphics card that is 512MB (ATI radeon X1600XT Saphhire)

                    I think it must be my pc as I read your post you had the same as me
                    Going to ask one of my proffs at school what this C++ error thing means maybe he can tell me what it is

                    The game runs very smooth for me on world and texture detail 2/2 it only crashes now whenever I see an enemy that starts to shoot --> shutdown and c++ lib thingie.
                    I fixed the oak and OpenAL.dll prob with a friend he sended his to me and it strangely fixed it?
                    Now I only got that c++ thing left but I'm pretty sure I'll need to get a new pc.
                    I'm going to try and ask him to send me his ut3.exe it would be weird if it fixed it, but I guess I can give it a shot

                    Thx for the advice

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Just tried the replacing of ut3. exe it was still the same but I expected that


                      I have the c++ error thing whenever I see an enemy and he starts shooting (all the rest works fine)
                      this is an extract from my log notice the error does anyone know what this is? it looks like a fixable thing

                      ScriptLog: Cut down URL ?NumPlay=10?GoalScore=3?SPI=137?PlayersMustBeReady =1?Difficulty=0.0000?MaxPlayers=4?TimeLimit=20?Nec risLocked=1?Team=255?Name=Chaos_Raptor?Class=?Char acter=
                      Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found
                      ScriptLog: Cut down URL ?NumPlay=10?GoalScore=3?SPI=137?PlayersMustBeReady =1?Difficulty=0.0000?MaxPlayers=4?TimeLimit=20?Nec risLocked=1?Team=255?Name=Chaos_Raptor?Class=?Char acter=
                      ScriptLog: Cut

                      it must be something that is corrupt? could anyone help me locate this ? I might ask my friend for his if I can't edit it

                      thx in advance

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I've seen this before but just can't remember where! prob on one of my pc's in the distant past.

                        Kinda maybe a conflict with messenger maybe? You know, sometimes I tend to think its the graphics driver, sound card problem, but it actually can be something completely unrelated, like for example, messenger etc.

                        I did find through google a forum post and its very similiar to your c++ problem, if you google c++ error you'll see it. The prob happens when combat starts. Unfortunately they had'nt solved it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by icufos View Post
                          I've seen this before but just can't remember where! prob on one of my pc's in the distant past.

                          Kinda maybe a conflict with messenger maybe? You know, sometimes I tend to think its the graphics driver, sound card problem, but it actually can be something completely unrelated, like for example, messenger etc.

                          I did find through google a forum post and its very similiar to your c++ problem, if you google c++ error you'll see it. The prob happens when combat starts. Unfortunately they had'nt solved it.
                          hey thanks for your reply I did find the post you mentioned
                          They didn't find a solution to it eather I saw my best bet a.t.m. would be to find that file I have in that log of me going to look a bit for it more now if anyone could help me locate it it would be appreciated thanks
                          I think a file that checks the botskill must be corrupted not sure but I'd like to give it a shot to fix it


                          Just did some more tests and it's the same and only error that keeps coming back
                          --> Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by PhenomFX View Post
                            At best your PC can handle it in very limited way on world and texture detail 1 or 2, your pc isn't for gaming, the pentium 4 is weak cpu and not meant for any games, the video card the same.
                            you wanna game? build new pc starting with Intel C2D and video card like 9600GT if you got money.
                            Now thats just crazy talk - its old tech. Its not as though its a recent budget CPU that isnt meant for gaming. It was actually made for gaming, among other things, and was a fine CPU.
                            "You wanna game?" Since when is gaming about playing the newest games? Its not as though the only games available are made in the last year or 2. I dont think we all need to chase the newest and flashiest games, do we?


                            As for the OP: Have you tried disabling Hyper Threading on your CPU?? That can cause problems on some games, at least it did for me when I had my p4 system until recently.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by yabbering yeti View Post
                              Now thats just crazy talk - its old tech. Its not as though its a recent budget CPU that isnt meant for gaming. It was actually made for gaming, among other things, and was a fine CPU.

                              Its not as though the only games available are made in the last year or 2.

                              As for the OP: Have you tried disabling Hyper Threading on your CPU?? That can cause problems on some games.
                              thanks for your reply!
                              just tried it and the problem still persist so it's not Hyper Threading

                              I think the main problem will be that error I located in my log though. (always the same after numerous tests)

                              ----
                              ScriptLog: Cut down URL ?NumPlay=10?GoalScore=3?SPI=137?PlayersMustBeReady =1?Difficulty=2.0000?MaxPlayers=4?TimeLimit=20?Nec risLocked=1?Team=255?Name=Chaos_Raptor?Class=?Char acter=
                              Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found
                              ScriptLog: PlayerMustBeReady: True
                              Script
                              ----
                              Hope to find help in locating it thanks!
                              Thread to help locating : http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610201

                              thanks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X