Need info on my computer system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on my computer system...

Ok so I have recently found out my PC sucks the big BALLS! What am i going to do about it? Buy new stuff.

OK I need to buy a Graphics card, I'm going to buy a 8800 GTX. It is a bus type: PCI Express. How do I find out if I can actually use this "I dont know what my bus type is"

Im going to buy some more RAM sticks, 2x2GB. They are DDR2. "I dont know what my specification is for this either"

How do I find out my systems bus types and such?

when im done I will have...

Windows Vista 32Bit Home Premium.
    Intel 2 Duo core E6550 2.33 Ghz.
    BFG Nvidia 8800 GTX 768Mb OC2
    6Gb RAM --- Lol seriously (I'm crazy) or maybe Ill just use 4Gb.

Originally posted by concept theory View Post
    Ok so I have recently found out my PC sucks the big BALLS! What am i going to do about it? Buy new stuff.

OK I need to buy a Graphics card, I'm going to buy a 8800 GTX. It is a bus type: PCI Express. How do I find out if I can actually use this "I dont know what my bus type is"

Im going to buy some more RAM sticks, 2x2GB. They are DDR2. "I dont know what my specification is for this either"

How do I find out my systems bus types and such?

when im done I will have...

Windows Vista 32Bit Home Premium.
    Intel 2 Duo core E6550 2.33 Ghz.
    BFG Nvidia 8800 GTX 768Mb OC2
    6Gb RAM --- Lol seriously (I'm crazy) or maybe Ill just use 4Gb.
    Find out what motherboard you have so we can help you. If you don't know, use CPU-Z to find out. 6 GB RAM is useless with a 32-bit OS--it can only access 4 GB max. Other specs are helpful as well, like PSU, etc.

Comment

Should I take a picture? of the back of my PC? Or what info do yuo want from CPUID? My motherboard = Berkeley.

Oops NVM I DO have a PCI E slot and it is DDR2 Hurrah!!! Thanks alot!

Comment

Instead of the 8800GTX, go for an 8800gt 512m, or a 8800gts 512m. Both of these cards are very close to the gtx performance wise, and are ALOT less money.(less than 7% difference performance wise.) You can get a 8800gt 1gb superclocked for $179.99 here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=P458-1048 This card is probaly even a little faster than a STOCK 8800gtx, and the cooler is way better than most stock GPU coolers. I actually researched it a little. This GPU runs atleast 10-15 degrees cooler than most other 8800's

Comment

Wow thanks a BUNCH dude thanks for info and money saving tips... I might go crazy and save for double 9800GX, lol

Comment

Wow thanks a BUNCH dude thanks for info and money saving tips... I might go crazy and save for double 9800GX, lol
            If you're willing to spend that much on a 9800GX2 then you might as well save yourself $300 and buy a 9800GTX, which will hold you over until the rumored 9900GTX (G200) is out.

Comment

waste of money. 2 9600gt's can be had for less than 300$ and will be within 10% performance difference(or less) of the 9800 gx2. Heres a link. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3266&p=4 look through the full article, not just the page that first comes up. You will see. As always though it depends in what games you are playing. Price/performance wise I would go for 2 9600gt's, or 2 8800gt's for a little more money. Too bad they didnt show 2 8800gt's sli vs the gx2. i bet it would of been the same for half the price.

Comment

Working...
              X