Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 UT3 players, have you had issues with controller joystick dead zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 UT3 players, have you had issues with controller joystick dead zone?

The purpose of this poll is to ask how many PS3 UT3 players have experienced dead zone issues as brought up in one of the PS3 UT3 Patch threads. I'm interested in numbers on how many people are really having this issue. I'm inclined to think it is a hardware problem, Tailsnake has seen it reported on other forums.

What is the dead zone?
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...45(VS.85).aspx

The dead zone is "movement" values reported by the controller even when the analog thumbsticks are untouched and centered.
    (If you are technically inclined and interested in analog input the section on Dead Zone has a point or two that is worth knowing.)

Thanks for voting!

Please note the author is aware that joysticks wear out and is not implying that it is Epic's or any other companies responsibility to write software that works with broken hardware.

well their have been times when playing that i have found that when im on the move then stop, i seem to stutter forward as if their is someone behind me! Turn round and theirs knowone their. Its only just started to doit, i was thinking it could be the joypad it self! Is that what your on about.

Comment

Yes. Please.

What kinda shape is your controller in? Has it been heavily used for a long time or is it newer? Has this happened on any other games with this controller yet (assuming you have played others since you got UT3 LOL)?

As many of those details as you are willing to go into, plus any others you think of. Thanks.

Comment

well ive got two joypads, i use both off them and they seem in good shape and im playing ut3 most of the time! ive only noticed it in unreal at the moment, and its only sort of just started! But will try my other pad to see if it still happens! Do you have the same problem, at first i thought it might of been abit of lag in the game or the patch for the game or just the pad on its way out!

Comment

YES, i did have to get a new sixaxis just because of that stupid dead zone!!!

Comment

I've had problems with it, I can actually move my analogue stick forward slightly and let go and just have the character keep moving forward. It's annoying as hell when sniping.

Comment

Please EPIC, enable analog movement in the next patch for the ps3 version. PLEASE!

Comment

I got a new controller a couple months ago so no problems here. I don't usually use a controller to play anyway though.

Comment

ur asking EPIC for a patch to fix ur broken controller? both my sticks were shot before i started playing this game... it just happens. GET A NEW ONE!

Comment

YES!!! all the time, it amost make ut3 unenjoyable. I have 2 controlers, both of wich work fine on all my other games.

Comment

I have had a Dead Zone issue with my Sixaxis, but it's also fair to say that it's because the left analogue stick of the sixaxis controller is slightly off. And the dead zone of the controller itself it's damaged. It happens in other games as well but since the sensibility in movement it's higher on UT3 I notice it more when playing UT3. I have yet to try the game with a Dualshock3. My friend has a Dualshock3 and I have to say that both analogue sticks feel more firm and accurate. And have a smoother movement, even when compared to a brand new Sixaxis controller the Dualshock3 seems and feels better quality.

I would suggets for everyone to go and test their analogue sticks with other games, try to move the stick forward then let go and you'll notice that it doesn't centre correctly. It's really not UT3's fault but because it has a very sensitive movement you find that it causes and issue.

Comment

The first production PS3 sixaxis controllers lacked in duration. The left joystick wore out after a few months. They just couldn't hold up to the constant use. I actually used up two controllers. Currently I have the PS3 dual-shock. It seems to be lasting longer, but I've only had it for a couple of months. (I can offer you a better report in late August)

The problem is purely a hardware issue, and EPIC shouldn't be expected to deal with it. It is unfair to expect someone to write software to accommodate the use of failing hardware. You should petition SONY for a better quality of product.

Comment

yes i have had this problem foe a long time. this is my 2nd controller this happened on, they just were out to fast from all that gamin

Comment

Kinda off the PS3 subject, but its not only the PS3. The 360 has the exact same issue. Left stick as well. Should be an easy fix in a patch, I would think.

Comment

Working...
                            X