Bad Fps With Good System Wtf Help Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Fps With Good System Wtf Help Me!

I have quad core phenom cpu 8800 gt 512 2 gig of ram i got the last version of my nvidia videa card and when i play ut 3 with all seting to the lowest possible or to the high seting *** possible my fps go to 90 and he drop down fast to 45 sometime 35 fps ... and lagssss like omg i cant play

why the **** i get this gay fps with my system .... wath can i do ....

no one can help me about this huh???

Comment

XP or VISTA? try the 174.74 drivers **BETA** not the WHQL!! the WHQL does not support the 8800gt

Comment

well i get fps off the chart and my systems not even as good as yours though i do have more ram... 6600, 8800gt 4gb ram xp machine. try the other drives suggested above - goodluck!

Comment

Its your processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbered Days View Post
            Its your processor.
            Unlikely.

What resolution are you playing at? Also what game type? Warfare often drops down to low FPS ~35fps on most single gpu systems. Server ping/lag also plays a factor in this as well.

Comment

Well, first off - you wanna make sure there is not apps running on the background, any **** like spy ware. Did you run any tests like 3dmark? does it have bad fps as well ?? it could be number of things. Simple conflict with sound drivers can affect performance.

Comment

Well if all is good within your operating system, make sure direct x is up to date.

(The latest updates seem to keeps screwing with UT3 for some reason, Vista OS. NOT the DX10 updates they help!!)

I had to completely reload about 4 times since the games release, but I have other problems that you propably dont have.(maybe we all have that problem? I think personally that a group of crazies are trying to ruin all violent games, they may be screwing us all, IDK) I have blocked most of the web proxy servers and it is helping allot.

I am thinking nobody wants to help you for 2 reasons. you posted in the wrong area, and there was just a thread informing peeps to keep their opinions to them sevles if they dont know what they are talking about.

Comment

Come to the server and get owned again

jkin

Comment

What drivers are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by besalope View Post
                      Unlikely.
                      Likely.

Does anyone play UT3 using an AMD processor system here and manage a constant 60FPS?

Doubt it.

Comment

yah, many im sure. I know its a popular myth on this site in particular, but my AMD holds up just fine. There were some pretty poor high end versions of X2's released tho, which were no good for gaming. Unless you know what to look for, its likely you have one in your system. I managed to dodge tho, and get my hands on a solid X2 5200+ w/ a larger cache too, serves me well.

However, last I saw, phenoms are problematic w/ this game. Make sure you have the latest phenom software and drivers from the AMD site. remember its still new tech.

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Numbered Days View Post
                          Its your processor.
                          I agree. . . Phenoms are B-R-O-K-E-N! It is more than rumored that Phenoms are defective Quads with one core disabled.

Originally posted by 5yzygy View Post
                          Likely.

Does anyone play UT3 using an AMD processor system here and manage a constant 60FPS?

Doubt it.
                          I didn't (with a x2 6000+ @ 3.3 GHz) and that's why I built an Intel Quad- system! Now, it's 60FPS @ 1920x1200 and max settings.

Comment

=/

same problem, check my stats below for my comp
                            on 1024xresolution

i get between 15-40 fps...jumps around alot

usually stays around 20=/

i have no effing idea why

i have all the latest drives...tried going back to old ones too
                            everything is up to date

even tried removing 2 gigs ram for a total of two in case too much ram was slowing my comp
                            tried all the tweaks i could find on the ut3 forums here
                            tweaked, overclocked....
                            lowest possible settings
                            changed every little thing on the nvidia control panel
                            tried running it on only one core...

AND OMFG I CANT PLAY UT EVEN OFFLINE

=/

Comment

Originally posted by tierce101 View Post
                              I have quad core phenom cpu 8800 gt 512 2 gig of ram i got the last version of my nvidia videa card and when i play ut 3 with all seting to the lowest possible or to the high seting *** possible my fps go to 90 and he drop down fast to 45 sometime 35 fps ... and lagssss like omg i cant play

why the **** i get this gay fps with my system .... wath can i do ....
                              I guess you did not hear the Phenoms have a defect? The L3 cache is basically dissabled. Then your left with the small L2 cache which does not work well in games like UT3. The Phenoms benchmark pretty poor vs most AMD dual core chips. They are totally owned by all the Intel C2D E6600 and up.

Here is a benchmark showing the X2 6400+ getting almost twice the performance of the phenoms in some games.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...px?i=3272&p=12

Since UT3 needs a really good CPU, you can expect even worse performance with the phenom than on the ones they used.

Comment

Working...
                              X