Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mouse MX518, do I have to reinstall UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mouse MX518, do I have to reinstall UT3?

I have bought a new mouse especially for UT3, well, actually I bought the whole **** new computer for it as well, but the mouse that came with the pc was a bit on the tentative side, so got a MX518 logitech.

I'm running UT3 on a microsoft optical at present, but I kinda remember something about ut2004 and installing a new mouse, there were problems but I'm not sure.

Question is, can I just install the new mx518 and leave it at that, or do I have to reinstall UT3?

No u dont have to What is more it would work fine without installing any drivers at all.

Comment

Thanks, thats just what I wanted to hear.

Comment

install the drivers for the mouse. Without them you won't be able to use on-the-fly sensitivity or the extra buttons on the mouse. Which can be used to bind more commands to them.

Comment

Originally posted by paradigm View Post
          install the drivers for the mouse. Without them you won't be able to use on-the-fly sensitivity or the extra buttons on the mouse. Which can be used to bind more commands to them.
          No. You can use all the buttons on the mouse if you don't install the driver. You just can't set custom dpi for the on the fly buttons. They're preset at 400/800/1600 so you'll only have those dpi's to choose from if you don't install the driver.

Comment

Yep. My G5's sensitivity controls work fine without the drivers.

Comment

I can second that. However, the G5 drivers include a small application which allows you to bind your extra button, which I find, extremely useful. Also, there's no way you should re-install a game for mouse drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X