Black Screen on Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Screen on Launch

I just bought this game today, I installed it and whenever I try to launch the game it goes to a black screen, and I can't do anything to get out of it, I can't Ctrl-Alt-Del it or Alt-Tab it.

I meet all the recommended requirements, except that my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9550. I don't think that would be what causes this though, but I may be wrong.

I've tried all the little quick fixes on these forums, and nothing I do changes anything. Help would be appreciated please.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do have the most recent patch installed for it as well.

~Paranon

same problem here i get same thing this game seams to have alot of problems and probly was a waste of money

Comment

It's normal that the screen goes black for a while, like 10 seconds. Since your not getting the error 'UT3 has stopped working', let it run for a while. Your graphics card is slightly below the minimum specs for the game, so it might take a little longer to load.

If the error does come up after awhile, you'll probably need to upgrade your graphics card.

Comment

Im pretty sure that the version of direct x could be your problem. Correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't ut3 use dx9.0c. to run? It may be time for some upgrades.

Comment

Working...
        X