Bluish tone is normal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluish tone is normal????

Ok this is odd the level the gateway has this slow part and when im inside the building it looks right but when i go outside it is really blue. Is this normal for this level? the other parts of this level arent blue but soon as i walk out this door it turns blue. is this a effect of the game or no? normal?
    Inside...

Hi. Im having the same problem on pc version
    VGA is Ge Force 8600GT XFX XXX 620Mhz DDR3

see pics of problem here ( http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=1 )

if someone can help me... or it is normal... please tell me on msn : rafael.carlos@pucpr.br

Heck no I won't tell you on MSN, there's forums for this kind of thing you know, like the one you just asked in. Also, publishing your email like that, I guess you must really like spam

Guess it's normal. There is such a thing as PostProcessVolumes, mappers can add those to a level and change hue and blur settings and all in them - in fact, most (maybe all) maps have a big such volume around them for the depth of field effect. So my guess is that such a volume is in that area of the map, shifting all colours towards blue.

Comment

Originally posted by haslo View Post
      Heck no I won't tell you on MSN, there's forums for this kind of thing you know, like the one you just asked in. Also, publishing your email like that, I guess you must really like spam

Guess it's normal. There is such a thing as PostProcessVolumes, mappers can add those to a level and change hue and blur settings and all in them - in fact, most (maybe all) maps have a big such volume around them for the depth of field effect. So my guess is that such a volume is in that area of the map, shifting all colours towards blue.
      I don't think its normal, because there are videos on Youtube, with no blue tone, and the graphics are better...
      someone know how to fix? ( in the URL is the same problem on PS3 and have Users that dont have blue tone ( see the last topic... (I disagree. This does not look normal to me. Mine never looks like that second pic. The first pic is about right, but that second pic looks like your tv is messed up....
      )
      so...
      someone HAVE NO BLUE TONE????
      SOMEONE HAVE???

Comment

The "bluish" tone is completely normal, and is probably the result of post-processing. I would imagine that you can change/alter the look in the config files, etc. Here's a pic:

Comment

It's normal. Lots of games cut back on the post processing values when you're inside to simulate the adjustment of your eyes from bright outdoor settings to comparatively dark indoors. If you have the PP setting at "muted" on the PC version the blue would be a great deal less obvious.

Also, the PC version at max settings by nature will look slightly better than the PS3, though not to the extent that you should notice it on a YouTube video.

Comment

the pics has been deleted!!! please reup

Comment

Originally posted by shadowrac View Post
              the pics has been deleted!!! please reup
              Whose pics, mine? They're right in the post. . . .

Comment

Straight from the PC version:

Inside:

Outside:

Comment

its a post-processing effect!
                  part of the level!

Comment

its "visual style" buddy, most games dont even have that.

Comment

Working...
                    X