This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 vs PC

I've posted this question in the Valve's Support and they sent me to here...

I've purchase the PC and PS3 Versions of the game.

Actually is not possible one player from a PS3 Console play together with a PC player right?

Will it be possible in future?

And... Can I, at least, create a server in the PC (with Linux) to play via LAN with other PS3?

Thanks!!

PS3 vs PC

I don't think PC and PS3 players can join the same servers. This is obviously because PC gamers have an unfair advantage and would clearly dominate anyone playing on a console because a mouse allows for a much better aim. Most FPS games are like this, and it's a good thing too.

Comment

Kuldeep, you know UT3 PS3 Supports mouse and keyboard?

Comment

isn't UT3 ps3 slower than the PC version? PC still has an unfair advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Karmapolice View Post
          isn't UT3 ps3 slower than the PC version? PC still has an unfair advantage.
          Yeah, that's another problem, both technically and practically (the PC players are used to higher speeds and therefore probably are better than PS3 players in general).

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
            Yeah, that's another problem, both technically and practically (the PC players are used to higher speeds and therefore probably are better than PS3 players in general).
            Looks like that problem may have been solved - http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/03/mutator-pcspeedx.html

Uzi Downes writes, "
            PCSpeedX - Brings the PS3 version of UT3 up to the PC's default speed.
            PCSpeedXPlus - Makes the PS3 version of UT3 20% faster than the PC's default speed.

Comment

I think that my post title was unhappy...

It should be PC AND PS3 and not VS!!

All I want to do is play against my wife.... me in PC and she in PS3... and vice-versa...

Somebody have the epic's support e-mail contact?

Thanks!!

PS: I have Keyboard and Mouse to play in my PS3!!!

Comment

Cross-platform support is not possible, and never will be, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3UT View Post
                  Kuldeep, you know UT3 PS3 Supports mouse and keyboard?
                  lol, of course not. I'm not a console gamer. I used to be; in the era of non-mouse/keyboard consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3UT View Post
                    Looks like that problem may have been solved - http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/03/mutator-pcspeedx.html
                    But mutators are server side so it will affect PC as well

Comment

Originally posted by Karmapolice View Post
                      But mutators are server side so it will affect PC as well
                      PC and PS3 cannot use each others servers. So PS3 players can play just as fast as PC.

Comment

Working...
                      X