Can I get more FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get more FPS?

Hey all, I've been running UT3 and noticed the FPS are constantly 62. I have the following system:

Intel Duo Core E8400 @ 3Ghz
    2GB OCZ Ram
    Club3D Geforce 8800GT

I'm running the game on 1680x1050, post processing on intense and world and texture details on 5.

Can I get more FPS with the same game settings? If so, how do I do it?

Turn off framerate smoothing and v-sync.

Comment

Originally posted by SJay068 View Post
      Hey all, I've been running UT3 and noticed the FPS are constantly 62. I have the following system:

Intel Duo Core E8400 @ 3Ghz
      2GB OCZ Ram
      Club3D Geforce 8800GT

I'm running the game on 1680x1050, post processing on intense and world and texture details on 5.

Can I get more FPS with the same game settings? If so, how do I do it?
      After 25FPS our eyes don't notice any difference, even if it goes into the hundreds. Your FPS is more than fine mate, so getting it higher shouldn't really worry you too much.

Comment

Well 25fps is a bit low, I find 25fps to much of a slide show to be enjoyable - as do most serious gamers. The whole eye seeing no more than than 25-35 fps is a popular myth and has been debunked many times. Although it may take time for someones eye to be trained to notice the difference, there is definately more fluidity to be at higher fps/hz. My limit of noticing a difference is about 70fps/hz, but it varys from person to person.

But, to the OP, you monitor will only display fps up to the refresh rate it is currently on. So if your at 60hz no more than 60fps will be displayed.
        There are people who swear they can see the difference, but physicaly the monitor can only output frames == to its refresh rate.

Comment

Actually, it's not 25 FPS. The average human eye can't see past 34 FPS. If the framerate is constantly at 34, it won't make a difference when it's 60+.

Also, I think SJay isn't too worried about the smoothness of the game.

I think he's just interested in the numbers. As Militia was saying, V-Sync would be the best thing to turn off. It won't let your framerate exceed what your monitor refresh rate is set at. Once that's off, you'll get super-duper tearing and many more frames.

Comment

Working...
          X