Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Resets to Factory Defaults When Closing Program

Hi everyone.

I've recently purchased Unreal Tournament 3, and I am absolutely in LOVE with it! It is absolutely fantastic. Problem is, whenever I close the program, it resets back to default. All my gaming stats are back to normal, and all settings are back to what they used to be... It's awful. I can play, but it involves me setting it all back up prior to playing every time.

Any help on this issue would be fantastic! Thanks in advance.

Change the settings in the config. files and make them read-only afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_Militia View Post
      Change the settings in the config. files and make them read-only afterwards.
      What config files then? Since there's like, 25 files odd in front of me.

Comment

Did you patched UT3? Maybe that will solve it?

Gr ****

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
          Did you patched UT3? Maybe that will solve it?

Gr ****
          Yes I have patched it.

Comment

Originally posted by SnG_43003 View Post
            What config files then? Since there's like, 25 files odd in front of me.
            My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine

Comment

Maybe the folder in "My Documents" is set to "read-only" for whatever reason. The game will use the settings you created, and store them in RAM, and not be able to edit the reference files in My Documents.

As for Metal_Militia's recommendation, that probably could work, although difficult if you don't know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_Militia View Post
                My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine
                I tried that, and it worked for a bit, now it's just like before. Rinse and repeat...

I'm about ready to just throw the DVD away... It seems pointless having a game that works so intermittently, and even with my edits.

Originally posted by Kuldeep View Post
                Maybe the folder in "My Documents" is set to "read-only" for whatever reason. The game will use the settings you created, and store them in RAM, and not be able to edit the reference files in My Documents.

As for Metal_Militia's recommendation, that probably could work, although difficult if you don't know what you are doing.
                I made them read-only and then my game worked perfectly, saving all the files from before, and saving my progress in the Campaign. The config folder is actually in the Unreal 3 main folder since I installed it onto my F: drive, not C:.

Comment

Working...
                X