How do i make a map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i make a map?

I posted this somewhere else, but thought this was better. I need help making maps since I have about... 0 experience in any type of design. Could someone help me, or post a link to where I could learn to make maps? (I dont know if this matters, but I have UT3 for PS3 and I have a crappy computer, only like 256 RAM). So, I really need help, and any help would be highly appreciated.

You need the Unreal Editor, which comes with the PC version of UT3. =\

If you ever get it, there's some invaluable information here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598243

Comment

Originally posted by riftvalley View Post
      I posted this somewhere else, but thought this was better. I need help making maps since I have about... 0 experience in any type of design. Could someone help me, or post a link to where I could learn to make maps? (I dont know if this matters, but I have UT3 for PS3 and I have a crappy computer, only like 256 RAM). So, I really need help, and any help would be highly appreciated.
      Unfortunately, you will need a better computer to do editing.

Comment

Impossible to run on 256 ram. You will need at least
        CPU: 2.8Ghz
        RAM: 512MB
        Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Comment

If you could get UT2004, which costs only about $10, you could practice editing on there. It would run on that computer. When you get the chance, get a new PC and the PC version of UT3, to start practicing on there.

Comment

Bottom line is, YOU NEED A BETTER COMPUTER!!! Even though UT2004 will probably run on your computer, it will be at the lowest settings and that will totally blow for map making because you won't get a true feel for what your creating due to lack of quality graphics and detail. If you have only 256MB of ram, I highly doubt you have a decent video card.

Next, you need to get either the editors choice dvd version of ut2004 or special edition of UT3. They both come with extensive video tutorials on map making that cover the basics to advanced techniques on level editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Studd View Post
              Unfortunately, you will need a better computer to do editing.
              Dont have that money- im only a teen, and i have school, so there is not enough time for a job or a good chance to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Maker216 View Post
                Bottom line is, YOU NEED A BETTER COMPUTER!!! Even though UT2004 will probably run on your computer, it will be at the lowest settings and that will totally blow for map making because you won't get a true feel for what your creating due to lack of quality graphics and detail. If you have only 256MB of ram, I highly doubt you have a decent video card.

Next, you need to get either the editors choice dvd version of ut2004 or special edition of UT3. They both come with extensive video tutorials on map making that cover the basics to advanced techniques on level editing.
                Is there a tutorial online, cause im sure that version will be more. And, i cant get a better computer since i dont have money and my mom wont get me one cause i broke the last one trying to download Battlefield 2142.

Comment

My computer runs UT3 at an average of about 25-40 fps. It's not much, but for the computer I have and its current market value, it works. This computer is only worth about $400, so I think you would be able to nag your parents to get you a system to be able to play UT3. This game is seriously not that graphics intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuldeep View Post
                    My computer runs UT3 at an average of about 25-40 fps. It's not much, but for the computer I have and its current market value, it works. This computer is only worth about $400, so I think you would be able to nag your parents to get you a system to be able to play UT3. This game is seriously not that graphics intensive.
                    I highly doubt your getting any decent graphics with a computer worth $400. And what do you mean not graphics intensive??? My computer is worth alot more then $400 and I can't run it at max settings.

For online tutorials go here.
                    http://www.utforge.com/index.php?page=31

Comment

Working...
                    X