Foliage Factory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yea, I haven't touched it in the last couple maps I made- next one I may play with it in small areas - we shall see - been placing manually as I don't trust using it . . .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    managed to get foliage factory working on a different map I made, rather unstable, uh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok

Good to know it's not my setup, it happens every time I use Foliage Volume,
    no matter how big the map is, on terain, Meshes, or Bsp...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, I had the same issue with a couple of maps (large) that I tried to make in the original release. That was 3 months ago and scrapped the maps because they corrupted and couldn't fix them - both very large as I said. I thought I scrapped all the map levels (I increment as I add/change things to the map in case of any issues that pop up - I can revert back 1 level). I was looking thru my folders to clean some stuff up and came across one of my levels (before 1.2 patch), so I thought I would fire the editor up and see if the patch resolved any issues with the map - NOT - same ****. I have not been able to determine exactly what caused the issue - but I have seen that with maps that seem to use the foliage factory. I don't know if you use it sparingly if it would eliminate the problem as I gave up using the foliage factory because of issues every time I tried it . . .

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Foliage Factory problem

Foliage Factory problem

Hi there,

Trying to use Unreal Editor 3 for Machinima, experimenting with foliage factory, I incurred in a major problem, whenever I use a foliage volume,
    and I've made a lot of tests, it causes my ingame viewport to go extremely corrupt, to the point where all I see is a mish-mash of distorted textures vaguely resebling the textures I use, as far as color is concerned. This only
    happens when I turn the view towards the area that is supposed to have foliage. erturning to normal if I turn away. It does not happen with Deco Layers or Foliage layers.

Currently have no way of posting a screenshot.

My specs are
    Intel 2core 2.4 cpu
    2Gb ram
    XFX geforce 7950 GTX

Is this a known problem? tried a search of the forum, and I think one more person is having similar problems...

Thanks for an amazing engine and tools,

Sergio.
Working...
X