This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Forcibly Removed"

What can cause the "You have been forcibly removed from the game" message? I've had it a few times before, but today I had it many times on one of the Epic/Midway servers, culminating in me being unable to join that server at all (boots me out immediately after the map loads with that message). I believe that is what it says when an admin kicks you, but can anything else cause it too? It seems unlikely that I was kicked since the first time it happened I had only been in the game for literally a couple of seconds.

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
    What can cause the "You have been forcibly removed from the game" message? I've had it a few times before, but today I had it many times on one of the Epic/Midway servers, culminating in me being unable to join that server at all (boots me out immediately after the map loads with that message). I believe that is what it says when an admin kicks you, but can anything else cause it too? It seems unlikely that I was kicked since the first time it happened I had only been in the game for literally a couple of seconds.
    Buy a retail version.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
      Buy a retail version.
      Another one? You think my CD key might have been compromised?

Comment

u got kicked dude

Comment

If you have been forcefully removed from the game, you have been kicked by an admin, i have no idea why, ask multiplay #mpukunreal on quakenet IRC

Comment

did you said things like f**k,a** or similars?they kicked me out of a sector because of that
            (I was playing alone ) just testing if they would have done so)

Comment

I said nothing. That sucks, because the Epic/Midway servers are the only populated Warfare servers that have low ping for me. All of them kick me now.

Comment

try the bigbattle server(youlwill easily find it) usually it has slow ping and a pretty funny mod in it =) let me know if it works

EDIT:that server is warfare and at these hours is usually populated(at least 10-12 ppl in it)

Comment

Hi what was your playing nick so I can see why you are being auto kicked.

Comment

It must be my nick then*. I don't understand though, because I've been using the same name since the game was released and have frequented the Epic/Midway servers since that time without trouble. I can understand kicking people who spout abuse constantly, but this game is rated 18 in the UK and I believe it has similarly adult ratings in other countries, so a swear word here and there should not be a problem. Plus I would have thought they would want to keep all the players they can, given the low numbers.

I don't mind the high ping I get playing on the excellent UMG servers, but sometimes I want low ping so I can actually hit stuff.

*I can't post it here because it will be auto-censored, so I shall link to it. I chose it because Mr Evil was already taken, as were many other names I tried. I'm not changing it now.

Comment

That nick is the reason why it is being auto kicked.

You wont be able to join any of the EPIC / Midway + Multiplay servers unless you change your nick to something sensable

Blizzard_Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                        I can't post it here because it will be auto-censored, so I shall link to it. I chose it because Mr Evil was already taken, as were many other names I tried. I'm not changing it now.
                        Yeah I can see why you're getting kicked. Definitely the name. Thanks for the laugh though. Almost shot soda out of my nose when I read that...LMAO

Comment

It might be an 18+ game... but not everyone wants to see nicks with swear words contained in them... its just not appropriate

and if one is allowed where exactly do we draw the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion19899 View Post
                            ...change your nick to something sensable
                            It is as sensible as it can be. I tried for ages to find one that wasn't taken, and failed, so it fits. The game itself contains swearing, although less than UT2004, and I've had no trouble on any server until now, so why the change?

Comment

The servers have never changed. They always had the kick on to stop people coming in with offensive names.

The other servers that isnt controlled by Multiplay or Epic / Midway dont have a kick rule because of an offensive name. If you dont want to change your name to something else then you wont be able to access the servers.

Blizzard_Wolf

Comment

Working...
                              X