UT3 Bonus Pack not showing up (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Bonus Pack not showing up (PS3)

I have the EU version of UT3, downloaded the UT3 Bonus pack twice and click on it to install and it does so fine... however, when you jump into UT3 there is absolutely no new maps.

Anyone able to shed so light as to why?

EU/US thing? Wasn't mentioned in the original thread and I thought the two were compatible now?

!

i thinks its a EU/US thing :\ HUGE bummer if u ask me

Comment

Yeah agree.

Makes you wonder why they do these types of things, or at least not make it clear before you get all excited.

Ah well, hopefully there's a EU version not too far off.

Comment

I have the same problem. But you see, CVG report it so i presume it works for them.

I downloaded the Map Packs, it installs, the maps don't show up and i can't play. I even tried playing via the US account but nothing.

But the patch which came out yesterday was supposed to fix all the problems between the US/EU servers.

Comment

It seems that the PAL release actually installs its game data into a different 'folder' on the PS3 drive...

If you install the US download of this map pack you will actually have 2 Unreal Tournament 3 game data sections in the game data part of the XMB... one is the map pack, th eother is everything else. This ist he reason it doesnt work. Unfortunately we have to wait for a PAL release of it

Comment

I wonder why SCEE is so slow with things on the store. I didn't even realize that the pack wasn't on the EU store. That's a shame, the maps are pretty nice. Had such a fun game on Face last night.

Comment

UPDATE

The Map Pack is now available on the UK PSN Store.

Comment

SCEE were slow with the update this week because of some technical issues surrounding GT5P

Comment

Originally posted by apoisonedgift View Post
                  It seems that the PAL release actually installs its game data into a different 'folder' on the PS3 drive...

If you install the US download of this map pack you will actually have 2 Unreal Tournament 3 game data sections in the game data part of the XMB... one is the map pack, th eother is everything else. This ist he reason it doesnt work. Unfortunately we have to wait for a PAL release of it
                  Hmmm cheers, I'll have a look and delete the US install.

Comment

I forgot I have the US version and dl'd the EU version. All good now!
                    I also noticed the EU version has a crappy generic icon whereas the US version has a nice UT3 icon.

Comment

Where did you find the us-version of bonus pack? I have the us version of the game but when I go to te store, the bonus pack is eu-version and doesnt work :-(

Comment

I created a US account.
                        I found a tutorial here (you may have to register to see it first)

Comment

Originally posted by TracerTong View Post
                          I created a US account.
                          That did the trick, thanks for help

(now how easy it is to download a simple map pack for this region_free game, I wonder.. )

Comment

Originally posted by TracerTong View Post
                            I created a US account.
                            I also have a US version of UT3 and I thought, obviously wrongly, that the latest patch was supposed to bring the US and EU versions of the PS3 game 'completely' into line.

I really can't be bothered with all this setting up fake accounts etc. and I'm sure Sony must be getting really hacked off with people who do!!

Epic if your reading this, please sort this mess out. I feel like i've stepped back into the 90's, trying to patch games manually on the PC just to get them to work with 'supposedly uncompatible hardware'.

I thought consoles were supposed to be plug and play 'headache free' devices - where stuff just works?

Am I the only one who thinks we're going backwards slightly here?

Comment

Working...
                            X