X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SLGDon View Post
    or is it this 8800gts everyones having problems with -,-
    I never did, nor do I now, have any problems with the 8800GTS and fps.

I've followed your previous thread so I know you have problems, but I'm beginning to think its process related.

Leave a comment:

• replied

my specs below.

my fps...about 15-18

tell me....is it my processor?

or is it this 8800gts everyones having problems with -,-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Andeh View Post
    funny, you just said you could barely play the game on minimum settings, yet at the end of your post you said that it doesn't run bad on your computer, and that your fps is infact playable. Make up your mind.

Anyway, in regards to the topic, the problem is indeed the CPU as haslo has described. Many people have experienced this problem, and they've come here asking why they get bad fps when they have an 8800GT/S etc. Simply because they fail to realise that a game requires more than just a good graphics card to run good.
    On the other hand, running Vista ultimate on 2gig of RAM is definitly NOT good, and I would seriously recommend using windows XP untill you can upgrade that to 3 or 4gig of RAM

Yes, on the LEGO Physx map with 5 or 6 bots.

Anyway, after changing D3D10 to "False" and DetailMode to "0", plus a couple other tweaks, UT3 runs how it should. The only time I see major FPS drops now is when I'm playing with 50 people on sinkhole or tank crossing and I go to the middle where like 25 other people are, all attacking the node. Even then, it still only drops to around 30 FPS where as before it would be around 15 - 20FPS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Silver900 View Post
    yeah only my freaking dimension 5100 ****ing doesnt support dual core processors so iam stuck with this p4
    You will need a new system. Best to build your own or to pay someone to build you one. Never buy any dell or HP if you want to play games. It's actually much less expensive in the long run to get a standard high quality ATX case and power supply that will work with future internals.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HyBreed View Post
    Vista is also not really UT3-friendly.
    WTF? I have Vista Home Premium and UT3 is fine, maxed out detail settings, 1680x1050 and a consistant framerate.
    If the Game isn't Vista friendly then why put Vista as one of the minimum requirements!!!

I agree that the CPU is a potential bottleneck but those graphics card drivers could also be a problem as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah only my freaking dimension 5100 ****ing doesnt support dual core processors so iam stuck with this p4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Purpleknight View Post
    Is an ASUS P5LD2 SE Motherboard, with Intel LGA 775 CPU Support, FSB 1066/800/533, DDR2 667/533/400, and Dual-Core CPU Ready. It's support Intel 945P Express Chipset (Intel Pentium D Processor, and I got an Intel Celeron D with 3.06 Ghz) too. Anything else?

See ya!
    You are really screwed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
    Well, haslo, then if that's the case (regarding your last edit), then this problem would have to be on any game on the UE3 engine, then, wouldn't it? Since each engine does the graphics differently, and obviously Crysis runs how it should, WiC runs how it should, CoD4 runs how it should. Again, I don't see how that works as FFoW (which is very buggy atm) runs at 50fps average on the highest settings. You can also blow down certain buildings and objects in FFoW. bioshock runs at 50fps average, same with gears of war and medal of honor airborne (the demo), so I don't see how UT3 is an exception. It's not like I'm playing on the physx maps or anything (which, btw, doesn't run that bad on my computer. I have that lego physx map and the FPS is great until all 31 of the bots starts shooting at the buildings. If I drop the bot count down to 5 or 6, then it's playable FPS throughout)
    funny, you just said you could barely play the game on minimum settings, yet at the end of your post you said that it doesn't run bad on your computer, and that your fps is infact playable. Make up your mind.

Anyway, in regards to the topic, the problem is indeed the CPU as haslo has described. Many people have experienced this problem, and they've come here asking why they get bad fps when they have an 8800GT/S etc. Simply because they fail to realise that a game requires more than just a good graphics card to run good.
    On the other hand, running Vista ultimate on 2gig of RAM is definitly NOT good, and I would seriously recommend using windows XP untill you can upgrade that to 3 or 4gig of RAM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well iam geting low FPS also when ther is lots people or bots on the servers

AMD 6000+ X2 (3.0)
    Asus M2N E Latest Bios
    Corsair XMS2 Twin X PC2 6400-C4 2GB
    Zalman ZM600 HP 600W
    eVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    Creative Audigy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I understand. Thanks to all for the help.

See ya!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Purpleknight View Post
    Hey, I have a question about the 9600 GT Graphic Card. It needs 400W of Power Supply? Because last day I see a crappy 300W in my power supply . Well I got a 400W one, but I heard that changing the power supply might burn your motherboard.

Thanks for reading. See ya!
    Try not to listen to those voices in your head. They always lie and try to get you in trouble.

The critical thing in a power supply is the current it can supply. A cheap 450 watt supply may be no better than a good 350 watt supply. If your going to buy a supply, get at least a 550 watt. Bigger is better and will save you money in the long run. The old Nvidia 6800 series cards had listed 500 watts as the minimum size PS. Some vid card boxes do not even list a minimum supply. I have a X1900XT that will not even run on any of the 4 different 450 and 480 watt supplies that I have laying around. Worked fine until you start a game, then BSD. Works perfect with a nice antec 550 watt supply though. No requirements even listed on the box other than pcie slot, win 2000, and 256MB ram, stupid stuff..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is an ASUS P5LD2 SE Motherboard, with Intel LGA 775 CPU Support, FSB 1066/800/533, DDR2 667/533/400, and Dual-Core CPU Ready. It's support Intel 945P Express Chipset (Intel Pentium D Processor, and I got an Intel Celeron D with 3.06 Ghz) too. Anything else?

See ya!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What motherboard do you have?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need more than 300W. I would go with a 400-450W PSU.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well... the true question is: I need a 400w Power Supply for NVIDIA 9600 GT? Yes or not? Or a 300W one can handle the card?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X