Great... I lost my freakin' CD key... >_<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great... I lost my freakin' CD key... >_<

Is there anyone I can get in contact with to be assigned a new one?
    Hell, I can send in a picture of myself holding up the game case and the bonus disc, as proof that I own the game.

It was working FINE for a LONG time! Until recently that is, I loaded it up, it said something about an ini being out of date, and then BOOM! "Enter your cd key"

The funny thing is, It used to work, but tonight NO, It had to **** out on me...
    So, My question is this... Can I get re-assigned a new CD key, or do I have to go out and buy the game AGAIN! x-x

the key is printed on the back of the game manual. You lost your game manual!? :S

Comment

Yep, Game manual got thrown out by my parents :/

Comment

can someone tell me who I would contact for help regarding this issue?

Comment

-offtopic- And do I get a prize for my topic ID being 606,606? -random observation-

Comment

I think you're going to have to buy the game again.

Comment

Well,since your parents caused the trouble...make them buy the game for you...

Comment

Christmas is comming... wait few months I am sure you will find new game under X-mas tree

Comment

Without a cd-key you are officially not an owner of the game, iirc.

Comment

I got your key and i`m holding it for ransom.:P

btw it`s on the front of the manual,and if it got thrown out,then you will prob have to buy it again.
                    it`s a lot cheaper nowdays to buy tbh.

Comment

Beside,on ebay you can find a copy of the game for a very cheap price,since many people are reselling it,frustrated by all the bugs the game has...

Comment

So, what you're saying is that even though I own the case, the install disc, the bonus art, the bonus disc, AND there is digital records of my purchasing it at circuit city using a gift card... Since I lost my key, I'm SOL?

Comment

keep your manual in the box and the box at a safe place next time, loosing the manual is the worst you can do in such a case xD

Comment

Originally posted by craig4190 View Post
                            So, what you're saying is that even though I own the case, the install disc, the bonus art, the bonus disc, AND there is digital records of my purchasing it at circuit city using a gift card... Since I lost my key, I'm SOL?

well,in THAT case...i'd try to take all these evidences,in particular the last one, to Epic and see what they can do....

Comment

tbh you prob wont get a key.

look at this way,you buy a car and then lose the keys,the dealer will not give you a new set,you will prob have to take it to a garage to get it fixed.
                              hence cost you money.

It`s not epic`s fault you cannot look after your stuff tbh.
                              also it will be midway you would have to contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X