Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the PC version of UT3 support gamepad force feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the PC version of UT3 support gamepad force feedback?

I've upgraded to the patch 1.2 and I now have the option to enable the joystick/game pad but I am unable to ascertain in all my googling whether this version, like the older version steered, support vibration force feedback?

I'm using a Microsoft wireless/wired Xbox 360 game pad which uses the new XInput which is the new DirectX API replacement (instead of DirectInput) or the older DirectX API DirectInput with my Thrustmaster joypad both of which supports force feedback, but I'm getting no joy in this game but I do in the Gears of War PC game which I believe is the same engine?

In the aforementioned Gears of War I am able to use a combination of Xbox 360 controller in my left hand or both for direction and general shooting etc and for accurate shooting skirmishes I use a combination of three Xbox 360 controller in my left hand and the excellent Microsoft optical trackball in my right hand :-).

It is not possible to enable force feedback in the .ini file then I would definitely one to request it in the next patch, how do I do that? I don't think this will slow down the game as this game seems to be optimised for multiple core CPUs as verified in the recent article Toms hardware by the unreal engine creator Tim Sweeney confirms here: http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/...st_not_games_/

Anyway epic or any other users any help is appreciated, thank you

I do not beleive so for the PC version but I may be proven wrong. I know for sure the PS3 version would but I beleive it has been dropped for the PC one. Again, I'm not certain.

Comment

Originally posted by [YS]Alienz View Post
      I do not beleive so for the PC version but I may be proven wrong. I know for sure the PS3 version would but I beleive it has been dropped for the PC one. Again, I'm not certain.
      Thank you Alienz;25317907, so if I understand you correctly the PS3 version supports force feedback?

It would be interesting if somebody from Epic Games could comment on this particular thread? Here's hoping :-)

Optical10

Comment

Working...
      X