Mobo CPU Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just one more thank ya, and i've got it all workin, and zero problems, and smooth as butter playin, and no hitchin just pure First Person Shooter Twitchin. Yep. This rig smokes my other one, and i'm runnin vista 64bit. No problems. Changed my signature so ya can see what i've got. I am no longer an AMD loyal person. Not really an Intel person either. Just whatever works for godsake! This c2d seems ta go and go. Need ta put my scythe mini-ninja on there. Sigh... Just needed ta share that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx for the input folks. After some surfin and research and your suggestions i decided on Intel E6750, Gigab. GA-P35-DS3L, Mushkin DDR2 800, by way of newegg. I'm thrilled. Thx again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep, Intel are miles better than AMD right now, AMD cpu's generally speaking have problems with games like UT3, So your best option in my opinion, is a duel core intel, like the 6750, GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L, and possibly 2gig of DDR2 memory which you can pick up for around 40 bucks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Intel. Goin' once. Goin' twice.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
    Thx oldkawman for the input, but i'm wantin ta move up and away twards cheaper ram, and 4g ram, and my current rig doesn't like 4g. it likes 2g. DDR2 is so much cheaper, i just wanna move up. I'm just a little lost as ta wich dual core is better for my money.
    And i read where th 2x1mb cache works good. and the ee lower voltage works not so good. These being amd being spoken of.
    Still wonderin if amd or intel has best bang for buck right now. Also mobo with upgradability and such. Possibly ta quad core later, with more money available for my computer needs.
    Your best bet is to just get an E6750, a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L, and a 8800GT 512MB. along with 4 GB of good memory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx oldkawman for the input, but i'm wantin ta move up and away twards cheaper ram, and 4g ram, and my current rig doesn't like 4g. it likes 2g. DDR2 is so much cheaper, i just wanna move up. I'm just a little lost as ta wich dual core is better for my money.
    And i read where th 2x1mb cache works good. and the ee lower voltage works not so good. These being amd being spoken of.
    Still wonderin if amd or intel has best bang for buck right now. Also mobo with upgradability and such. Possibly ta quad core later, with more money available for my computer needs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
    I'm lookin for a new mobo and cpu. Any recommendations for about a little above 300$ for the both? This is ta play ut3 better than my current little rig does.
    Your running a socket 939 board with DDR memory, you need DDR2 to upgrade your motherboard to socket 775. You could just upgrade the cpu to a opteron 180 (2.4GHz) The 180 will OC to 2.6 or sometimes 2.7 depending on your setup and luck. It has the 2x 1MB cache and performs well. The 180 is $170 at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103582

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's 2 for intel. i've kinda heard right now intel is the better value. Thanx for the suggestions, i didn't really know where ta start lookin with intel, as so far in life i've always been amd. But i don't care which cause they're just big companies tryin ta make money. I'll be goin for the best bang for my buck. I do like dfi boards tho. Had 3 and they all work good. thx for the input.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im guessing you're in the US as you said 300 $.

So i grabbed this off newegg, if you aren't American then this is still a good idea.

Intel is the way to go, so the E6750 is a great choice and nice for overclocking if you want to, and then a DFI Motherboard because you already have one and generally they have minimal issues.

Comes to just over $300 at £330

Leave a comment:

• replied
    something along the lines of these, would be about the best you can get for your money:

motherboard: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MB-100-GI

CPU: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=CP-159-IN

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Mobo CPU Recomendations

Mobo CPU Recomendations

I'm lookin for a new mobo and cpu. Any recommendations for about a little above 300$ for the both? This is ta play ut3 better than my current little rig does. (I've changed my signature since i've installed my new stuff. Was amd athlon 2x 4200 and DFI mobo and GSkill Ram. Now is new and much, much better.)
Working...
X