New in Ut 3 from UT 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in Ut 3 from UT 2004

Hay i just bought this game, im recently from UT2004 where i was SKILLED and very experienced.

For me this game is unknowledgable and I feel like a noob who knows nothing or anything.

1. How to copy/paste an ip adres in UT3, and how to know an IP adres from a server :S, why it's all hidden, bugs?

2. Why the player names in a server a hidden?

3. If a match end why the play screen disappears after several seconds?

4. How to launch grenades with rocket launch, and possible to launch more than 3 rockets?

Why this game Is soo basic qua settings UT2004 was much more user friendly!!

Is there some MOD to completely change this game into a user friendly erperience instead of this horrible nightmare?

Is there more i need to know?

Originally posted by Arzod View Post
    1. How to copy/paste an ip adres in UT3, and how to know an IP adres from a server :S, why it's all hidden, bugs?
    ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+v to paste
    use the server browser to find games, just like any other game.
    2. Why the player names in a server a hidden?
    They're not?
    3. If a match end why the play screen disappears after several seconds?
    To display the scores, or load the next map I guess...
    4. How to launch grenades with rocket launch, and possible to launch more than 3 rockets?
    While holding secondary fire, press primary fire twice to switch to grenades. No you can only launch 3 rockets, just like UT2004
    Why this game Is soo basic qua settings UT2004 was much more user friendly!!
    Welcome to a world where all games these days are dumbed down and catered towards console players. PC gamers pretty much get shafted with the horrid basic menus from the PS3. I can 99% garuntee that if UT3 was a PC only game, its menus would be ALOT more user friendly.
    Is there some MOD to completely change this game into a user friendly erperience instead of this horrible nightmare?
    Nope. Sorry.

Comment

OK ty

Any programs to watch demos?

And how to see a server ip in the server browser and how to see the players in a server in the server browser ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arzod View Post
        And how to see a server ip in the server browser and how to see the players in a server in the server browser ?
        I thought I've seen a demo watcher program once. Ctrl-C Ctrl-V doesn't work for me, I've not found out ways of displaying player names or the IP of a server in the server browser yet and I doubt there are, let's hope Epic fixes that eventually, just like the ingame scoreboard with virtually no information in the CTF/VCTF/TDM/Warfare modes

Once you get past the horrible console-style menu and the inadequate server browser, the game is quite awesome, so give it a go and try ignoring the UI shortcomings. It works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
          some stuff
          Andeh got the copy-paste thing wrong. There IS no copy-paste in console. you have to write the ip addresses down on a piece of paper. Player names don't show up in server browser, and they're not supposed to. Only thing that I'd agree with Andeh is that UT3 has been dumbed down to epic (pun intended) proportions.

Comment

Working...
          X