HAS Anyone got urt3 actually working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAS Anyone got urt3 actually working?

I am so stumped Ive played every an have bought every urt game out.
    Yet the massive problems in even getting on a Vista gaming laptop is almost impossible not even single player mode , it shows my player no other bots or in lan?
    Login is a joke with this game so far on my Vista laptop same with my XP p4 3,0mhz desktop.
    I activated my old account over 7 years old with Gamespy it found all my BF2/BF2142/BF1942 ect.

BF2/BF2142 all play fine on the xp machine but the Vista has nothing but Punkbuster lost packets.

Vista has a lot of gaming issues and I dont think its the game as much as MIcrosofts approach to every one having to comply exactly to their spesifics.
    My freinds with quad core sli on off some have success rest like me nothing but nightmares.

On both machines scanning for games Ureal Tournement 3 wont register at all.
    I have even directed the scan to the urt3.exe yet it fails to even know the game is there?I paid good money for the Collecter release man I m dissapointed that I can play online!
    Any help would be nice HELP not sarcastic remarks please.

Cheers

Myself I had no problems at all running UT3 on my computer

About your post, several things...

* A Pentium 4 really is old, this game only flies with two or more cores. You should get it to work on that old computer as well though.
    * "Gaming notebook" is a term with an inherent contradiction for myself, either you get a gaming machine then it's a desktop, or you get a notebook then you'll have mediocre gaming performance. And that also counts for Alienware and whatnot, notebook parts just can't possibly be anywhere near desktop parts when it comes to performance, there's a size vs. performance tradeoff at work here.
    * That the Battlefields don't work points to a Windows problem with your Vista machine. Do other games work? Did you update PunkBuster?
    * Vista does have mainly performance issues with games, it's why myself I wait a bit longer with switching to Vista still.

Then about your core problem:

What do you mean by this? "On both machines scanning for games Ureal Tournement 3 wont register at all." ... you have installed the game and it won't show up in the start menu? Or it does show up and when you click it it doesn't start? Or the server browser is empty? Or can't you log in? Note that it's called ut3.exe, not urt3.exe.

Have you tried looking in "C:\Programs\Unreal Tournament 3" if the game is actually there?

Is your power cord plugged in?

Sorry, couldn't help sneaking in a sarcastic remark after all

Comment

I think he means that he can't login to ut3 with his gamespy account. The reason for this is that ut3 works on a seperate domain of gamespy. to make sure that not all the nicks would already be taken, I think that was their argument?

anyhow you'll have to make a seperate account on gamespy for ut3 I think. You can do so by pressing the appropriate buttons once you opened ut3.

Comment

assuming that youve upgraded your machine, I dont know what else to say...

I have a vista, I was able to install lots of other games (i hardly play) and go online with them.
        my guess is its your firewall thats blocking a port ut3 needs....

Vista is a little screwy sometimes, Ive installed diablo2 on the computer but when i try to look for it on the start menu, it simply wasnt there. I had to copy its exe from my usb drive just so it can run otherwise it wont know what to do because the exe's mysteriously vanished

Comment

Why would you say the game needs 2 or more cores? What a joke. I run UT3 at 60-70 fps on most maps with an Athlon 64 3200 and 7900 GT AGP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
            Why would you say the game needs 2 or more cores? What a joke. I run UT3 at 60-70 fps on most maps with an Athlon 64 3200 and 7900 GT AGP.
            Could you post at what detail level and screen mode you play on then! I find your 60-70 fps a bit hard to believe on that crappy system!

Comment

First of all, first time I've seen someone use urt3.^^ The game runs pretty well here on XP. I can get a stable 90 fps with world detail=1, but the frame rate vs eye candy optimization of the game is really ****. I got +1000fps on holy **** settings in 2k4 but only 90 in UT3 on low, in that comparison 2k4 looks better so the horribly low fps in UT3 isn't justified.

Comment

explain to us what is urt?

Comment

not sure what urt3 is, must be some fan made copy or something.

UT3 certinly doesnt not need 2 cores to run flawlessly. My second machine runs the game just fine, between 40 and 60fps at 1024x768, and it has a 3500+ Athlon64, a Radeon X800XT and 2gig of DDR400 memory

Comment

Originally posted by paradigm View Post
                    explain to us what is urt?
                    C'mon now that's Un Real Tournament... Sheesh

Comment

it has been called Unreal Tournament on the first day it came out, so stick to it xD

Comment

Originally posted by skullleader0 View Post
                        I am so stumped Ive played every an have bought every urt game out.
                        Yet the massive problems in even getting on a Vista gaming laptop is almost impossible not even single player mode , it shows my player no other bots or in lan?
                        Login is a joke with this game so far on my Vista laptop same with my XP p4 3,0mhz desktop.
                        I activated my old account over 7 years old with Gamespy it found all my BF2/BF2142/BF1942 ect.

On both machines scanning for games Ureal Tournement 3 wont register at all.
                        I have even directed the scan to the urt3.exe yet it fails to even know the game is there?I paid good money for the Collecter release man I m dissapointed that I can play online!
                        Any help would be nice HELP not sarcastic remarks please.

Cheers
                        A Vista Gaming Laptop? You must be kidding. What video card does it have? What CPU, memory, etc? Does it meet the minimum hardware requirement? Your desktop cpu is just above the minimum requirement. What about that vid card?

Ok, you cannot use your old account or login. You need to create a new login using the retail game. There is no other option.

Comment

Yes I already have tried that no joy there either.Ive read lots of players on the gamespy lock off has had the same hassles and well sooner or later it will let me logon, I just wont know when umtil it finds a reason to let me log on .

Comment

Yes all drivers from Asus/Nvidia/Microsoft/Gamespy/Punkbuster and all games have been totally updated.
                            Could be a conflict of Vist/Asus/Nvidia tech being so new the T9300 cpu and the new Nvidia Geforce 9500 M gs card specs.
                            Yes and if you dont reconize URT3 all about Unreal Tournementor Unreal I rest my case
                            Just lots around the world goin by all the forums I ve been on have a 50/50 chance of no problems umm unlike myself and the other 50% we have inherited a bunch of problems.

Comment

URT3 wont let me choose a new nick as I can login anyway so I am still stumped, and yes my internet connection is fine reason you can read my post.

Umm to those that say that my posts are getting hostile , try reading and trying the many ( fixes ) found on so many forums.
                              To use all sorts of weird hours to cure my hassle believe me as I have read posts in here and other places you are not so cool your self at times so dont make it sound worse than it really is.
                              If you looked around I help many other people in many many forums even in Gamespy I was helping lots of stuck players when Battlefield 2 came out.
                              Remember the pointless accusations of many frustrated gaming players and helpers with gamespy hassles?

Comment

Working...
                              X