UT3 crashing at launch on Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 crashing at launch on Mac

Sorry if I post in the wrong forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I use a mac and couldn't wait for the mac version release. I use VMware Fusion and WinXP Pro SP2 on my system. I bought the PC version today and installed it. But it's keep crashing when I try to launch it. Tried rebooting and still not working. I checked the min requirements and am sure that my mac meets them. Mac Unreal players out there, did this happened to you? How would I fix this? Thanks!

Mac spec:
    2.2ghz C2D Macbook Pro
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    128MB VRAM

problem = mac

Comment

Originally posted by futo View Post
      So I use a mac........I bought the PC version today and installed it.
      (no comments to add)

Comment

Originally posted by futo View Post
        Sorry if I post in the wrong forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I use a mac and couldn't wait for the mac version release. I use VMware Fusion and WinXP Pro SP2 on my system. I bought the PC version today and installed it. But it's keep crashing when I try to launch it. Tried rebooting and still not working. I checked the min requirements and am sure that my mac meets them. Mac Unreal players out there, did this happened to you? How would I fix this? Thanks!

Mac spec:
        2.2ghz C2D Macbook Pro
        2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
        128MB VRAM
        The very fact that you did not even post a video card means that you, in fact do NOT meet the requirements. 128 V ram is not enough and I'm positive your video card is no where near the requirements for this game to run.

Sorry macs suck when it comes to video cards. They are just now getting proper video cards in their mac pro desktop computers and even then they still do not support top of the line video cards.

Comment

Try using bootcamp to reboot in windows rather than using VMware Fusion, a friend of mine uses an iMac for UT3, and has no problems whatsoever.

Comment

yeah use bootcamp with XP on leopard, thats what i play on and its fine, runs well enough even on the rubbish 7300gt and once apple get their finger out and sort the 8800gt's for use on pre2008 macs all will be well.

Comment

This is sorta off-topic, but I coul'dn't help wondering,

how can you even use secondary fire on a mac? you only have one mouse button?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                yeah use bootcamp with XP on leopard, thats what i play on and its fine, runs well enough even on the rubbish 7300gt and once apple get their finger out and sort the 8800gt's for use on pre2008 macs all will be well.
                Would be nice to see a mac native client (unrealed too, as promised!), I'd probably buy UT3 again for my mac, as I much prefer to use OSX over the godawful Windows. And yeah Apple, WAKE UP. GIVE US DECENT GRAPHICS CARD SUPPORT.

Originally posted by LuuKoO View Post
                This is sorta off-topic, but I coul'dn't help wondering,

how can you even use secondary fire on a mac? you only have one mouse button?
                haha, I only find this funny cos my Mac eats my PC alive for anything but playing UT3, btw I have 8 mouse buttons : P

Comment

Why are you still giving him advice on what to do with his mac? The game will not run because of his lack of a good video card.

Comment

problem = (cr)apple mac

Comment

Thanks plugh & Mike. I will give bootcamp a try. Ha...I should have waited for the mac version. UT3 was the only reason I got winXP in the first place

Comment

it's really disappointing...
                        there's a lot of ignorance about apple computers... hardcore pc gamers don't know how using a mac is... they still think that mac has a single button (go on apple.com and look for mighty mouse... that's the coolest mouse ever made, with 2 invisible buttons and a sphere instead of scrolling wheel)

however... I agree that the newest apple computers have got good processors but the grapichs cards are not very good... but you know also that leopard looks better than vista, even with crappy video cards, and doesn't ask you 1gb of ram just to run an OS lol

I also want to remember you that Epic games is officially going to port some great games like ut3 and gow to the ""crappy"" mac ;-)
                        just think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Paolosev91 View Post
                          it's really disappointing...
                          there's a lot of ignorance about apple computers... hardcore pc gamers don't know how using a mac is... they still think that mac has a single button (go on apple.com and look for mighty mouse... that's the coolest mouse ever made, with 2 invisible buttons and a sphere instead of scrolling wheel)

however... I agree that the newest apple computers have got good processors but the grapichs cards are not very good... but you know also that leopard looks better than vista, even with crappy video cards, and doesn't ask you 1gb of ram just to run an OS lol

I also want to remember you that Epic games is officially going to port some great games like ut3 and gow to the ""crappy"" mac ;-)
                          just think about it
                          You're going to have to spend a WHOLE lot to get a non crappy video card with a mac, so what if it's only $1000 more it's worth it because of leapard...

Or you could use the crapolicious video card that comes with your macbook pro or your allinone imac to run the game at stageringly low fps and low detail.

Sorry you admitted it, mac video cards suck. That is their main problem right now.

Comment

if you use a computer only for gaming mac is the worst choice

Comment

Originally posted by Paolosev91 View Post
                              if you use a computer only for gaming mac is the worst choice
                              Actually, the best gaming laptop is a macbook pro (according to pc magazine).

Only ignorants bash mac; Macs are amazing computers with nice design and a solid os. Since I made the switch I would never buy a pc again, like mostly everyone who bought a mac.

Through the best combo is a mac for work and consoles for games.

Comment

Working...
                              X