Still getting CTD after 1.2 patch.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting CTD after 1.2 patch.....

I know there are similar posts, but are people still getting the random crash to desktops still? Ive just had 2 in the space of 5 mins.

Im running -

Intel Core2Duo 6600
    BFG 8800 GTS 320mb (169.28 drivers )
    Foxconn mobo
    2GB OCZ ram
    VISTA 64bit Ultimate

Heres the details -

Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

RaiseException() Address = 0x75c23843 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x74758e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR8 0.dll]
    Address = 0xb9da32 (filename not found) [in E:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
    Address = 0xe8747b4c (filename not found)

I've always gotten CTDs randomly. Personally, I've given up on anything fixing them.

Comment

Try the latest ageia driver, it worked 4 me

Comment

Onf1re are you running Vista?

I will try that and report back. Thanks.

I play UT3 on both vista and xp and the xp one doesnt crash out like the vista one. Whether its related to Ageia and 64 bit I dont know

Comment

no im running xp its in my sig
          Originally posted by 0nf1re
          Abit aa8 3rdeye 19" viewsonic 3.4ghz pentium 4 x-fi fatal1ty
          x1950xtx hp dvd640 2gb geil xp pro 500gb wd hdd

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeech View Post
            I know there are similar posts, but are people still getting the random crash to desktops still? Ive just had 2 in the space of 5 mins.

Im running -

Intel Core2Duo 6600
            BFG 8800 GTS 320mb (169.28 drivers )
            Foxconn mobo
            2GB OCZ ram
            VISTA 64bit Ultimate

Heres the details -

Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

RaiseException() Address = 0x75c23843 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
            CxxThrowException() Address = 0x74758e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR8 0.dll]
            Address = 0xb9da32 (filename not found) [in E:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
            I think this might help: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...2&postcount=14.

Comment

Thanks but thats just a link to the amd fix - my cpu is intel c2duo! Thanks anyway!

Comment

Ok sorry for the double post but I have updated my Ageia drivers and I now get complete lock up and have to reset my machine.

Even more annoying - I cant see anyway to uninstall them ageia phsics drivers! I dont have a start menu link nor does there seem to be an exe in the install folder.

Comment

First time for me today -- 3 CTDs within 5 minutes playing TDM "ShangriLa" online. I thought it might have something to do with the server going down, but each time I reconnected everyone else was still happily fragging away.

Comment

Ive upgraded my nvidia drivers to 169.32 and it seems ok now. Seems better having uninstalled the Ageia drivers too.

*EDIT*
                    Just had the crash to desktop again. *sigh*

Might have to play this on XP all the time until there is a fix for this.

Comment

be glad...

I'm running vista 64 and UT3 randomly crashes on a regular basis.
                      It took me weeks of trying different things (including re-installing windows) just to get the game installed, so a few random crashes is a big improvement!

I find that killing all unnecessary background processes helps a bit, but doesn't prevent crashes completely.

Pretty annoying that this game seems to have so many glitches cos it is so good when it is working...

DG

Comment

I to am having the random crashing issue. I have a quad core, 4 gigs of ram, Nvidia 8800 ultra, and Vista 64 ultimate.

When it crashes do you get an error report. If so here is mine:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
                        Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
                        Application Name: UT3.exe
                        Application Version: 0.0.0.0
                        Application Timestamp: 47b39d39
                        Hang Signature: fc91
                        Hang Type: 2049
                        OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
                        Locale ID: 1033
                        Additional Hang Signature 1: dff83a6df07591b1a2f35c1d0f2e8900
                        Additional Hang Signature 2: 7302
                        Additional Hang Signature 3: c41ffdb523fe0450f3178bbb764e63e4
                        Additional Hang Signature 4: fc91
                        Additional Hang Signature 5: dff83a6df07591b1a2f35c1d0f2e8900
                        Additional Hang Signature 6: 7302
                        Additional Hang Signature 7: c41ffdb523fe0450f3178bbb764e63e4

I hope someone finds a solution for this problem soon also. Its not as bad now that I can use the history tab to find the game I was just in, but still extremely annoying none the less.

Comment

I'm having the same problems. Crashing all the time. It was fine till I installed the lastest patch. Wonder if I need to go back in and fix the things that I had before. Anyone have any idea why it would start crashing now when it didn't before? This is getting to the point that I don't even want to play the game at all anymore.

Comment

Mine started crashing right before I installed the latest patch which is strange because I had the game installed ever since the first day it came out. It had never crashed. Then all of a sudden one day it started to randomly crash. To my knowledge I had not installed any new updates or drivers before it started. I then updated everything I could update to see if it would stop. Now even with everything up to date including windows it still crashes. I have an idea. Since we are all having the same problem, if it is hardware related maybe we can find a common component or setup. When I get home I will post my setup with the corresponding drivers for each device. Maybe we can figure this thing out since no one from epic cares to help.

Comment

Originally posted by cochese View Post
                              Mine started crashing right before I installed the latest patch which is strange because I had the game installed ever since the first day it came out. It had never crashed. Then all of a sudden one day it started to randomly crash. To my knowledge I had not installed any new updates or drivers before it started. I then updated everything I could update to see if it would stop. Now even with everything up to date including windows it still crashes. I have an idea. Since we are all having the same problem, if it is hardware related maybe we can find a common component or setup. When I get home I will post my setup with the corresponding drivers for each device. Maybe we can figure this thing out since no one from epic cares to help.
                              Are you using Vista? I havnt really heard from anyone that gets this problem on Xp - myself included when I play UT3 at work. It never crashes.

Im picking this thread up becuase this still happens to me often and I am ditching Vista becase of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X