• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRoblems with invalid cd key?! HELP!

Originally Posted by Ultron
    Greetings, fleshlings.
    -

If you are experiencing an Invalid CD Key error message in Vista, then create a new user profile as a Standard account. I suspect doing the same thing in XP will work, too.

-

More in the next post.

Ive tried this, tried taking the game back to the store for another cd key, tried entering the cd key before and after applying patches. Ive reinstalled this game so many times im on the verge of giving up. Anyone got any other fixes for this? Has anyone else suffered from this problem or found a way of fixing it other than the way psoted above, as this does not work for me?
    Thanks for your time. EDIT(Im running XP by the way and ahve the latest Nvidia drivers for my 8800GT)

Are you changing your internet connection or are you on the same one all the time? One thing i have noticed is that when Im in class on a different internet connection it asks me to reenter my cd key, well i dont have the case so i cant, then when i get back home its fine again.

Comment

no no no :P

nah you dont understand but thanks for trying to help

whenever i enter my cd key it says its invalid, nothing to do with the internet connection i dont think
      ive tried it with 3 cd keys, all valid ones (because ive returned the game several times now)

all epic say is i should either wait for a fix or re-install windows, and i cant reisntall windows at this time, seems like a hell of a lot of hastle to go to for a game anyway?

Comment

Working...
      X