why is UT3 (PS3) so laggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is UT3 (PS3) so laggy?

i purchased UT3 the day it came out on PS3, looking forward to the massive online chaos! but after a few servers i notice that when i shoot the gun the bullets come out 3 seconds after i play online games all the time like COD4 and Sega Rally but i have never seen lag. ive also read some other forums to see that many people have this problem. does anyone have an idea how i can stop it? or if epic is panning on fixing it on the next patch?

The server lists the highest pings first. You want low pings, not high. The rooms that say 2500 are the ones you don't want to join.

Comment

Yea the lower games usually are fine. Just don't play on Lego, it's great offline but online it's terrible. For some reason thre's always like 6 gameas of lego going on...

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
        Yea the lower games usually are fine. Just don't play on Lego, it's great offline but online it's terrible. For some reason thre's always like 6 gameas of lego going on...
        lol I don't get that either. I don't know why people try to host that map online on PS3...

Comment

Thing is though, games on the server list start at 2/8 or 2/10 whatever, with a reasonable ping, but as they fill up the hosts uploads speed just can not cope. Here in the UK I think most people have 256kbs up, some 456kbs, and the odd few might have more. As I understand it, that's pretty crappy to host any sort of game with, let alone a fast moving intricate game like UT. Although, many other games on PS3 have worked fine for me online, Rainbow 6, Warhawk..

Comment

^Is that really an average upload speed in the UK? I was always under the impression that most of Europe had way better speeds than in the US, and my 1MB upload is considered pretty average/slow here.

Comment

I've also noticed a ton of lagg. Even on the lowest ping servers I can find there's still a large amount of lagg. This never happened for me on ut2k4, I'll check it out on pc once my new one comes in (waiting for the GX2)

Comment

I hate the lag so much. I had to stop playing like 10 games today because of it. The hitscans don't work, and the prjectile weapons shoot like a second after you press fire.

Comment

If Epic ahd allowed cross-platform play, you PS3 users could play on the more robust Linux or Windows powered servers. I imagine that would help to a degree, but I don't own a PS3 and prefer to aim using my mouse on my PC, so I honestly can't say.

Comment

Epic originally said you could host dedicated server for the PS3 on a PC. That never did happen though. Maybe they are working on that?

That was the only reason why I didn't pick up a ps3 and this game.(no dedicated pc servers/custom mod redirect)

Comment

i have tons of lag too....hope they fix it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenithar View Post
                        If Epic ahd allowed cross-platform play, you PS3 users could play on the more robust Linux or Windows powered servers. I imagine that would help to a degree, but I don't own a PS3 and prefer to aim using my mouse on my PC, so I honestly can't say.
                        You can use Keyboard & Mouse on a PS3 aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                          ^Is that really an average upload speed in the UK? I was always under the impression that most of Europe had way better speeds than in the US, and my 1MB upload is considered pretty average/slow here.
                          Yeah we get more asymmetric links over here,mine is 20Mb down and 1Mb up.

As has been said the main reason the Ps3 version is laggy is that people's home connections can't cope with the upload demands put upon them by running a server with more than a very few people playing. If you want to play online lag free host your own server

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
                            As has been said the main reason the Ps3 version is laggy is that people's home connections can't cope with the upload demands put upon them by running a server with more than a very few people playing. If you want to play online lag free host your own server
                            Exactly...remember the bandwidth rule of thumb for hosting UT3 is 100kpbs up/down per player. So unless your sure the person who set up the server really has enough bandwidth (if it reaches max players) then the only safe bet are Midway servers (for large games).

Comment

Just play on pure servers, no lag, i was playing a match with 10+ people in with no lag.

Either your ISP sucks or your PS3 Wi-Fi does.

Comment

Working...
                              X