I am very frustrated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very frustrated...

around mid January UT3 decided not to let me login anymore. I figured this 1.2 patch would resolve my login problems, it hasnt. I have made over 6 diffrent accounts, none of them can get past the login screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I have brought my friends PC over and he can log in perfectly fine using my ISP. Basically what happens is it says its logging in then i get returned back to login screen with out error. No i am not going to reinstall Windows just to get this working. Could it possibly be VMware causing this problem?

Post in the troubleshooting forum.

Comment

Seems like a firewall problem to me if you can log in at your friends houses. Router settings or something.

Comment

its not a router issue because his friend's pc did not have this issue at his house. Did you removed ALL ut3 files an registry files?

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
          its not a router issue because his friend's pc did not have this issue at his house. Did you removed ALL ut3 files an registry files?
          thats what I meant, at his friends house he probably has a different router with different settings. so thats why I think that could be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
            lol.
            But it does sound like your firewall blocking it,or you need to forward some ports on your router.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
              thats what I meant, at his friends house he probably has a different router with different settings. so thats why I think that could be it.
              OK, he never said he went to his friends house. So it's the same router, different machines.......if there even is a router.

Sounds like a software firewall. Try shutting everything down on your pc including virus protection (sometimes that acts like a firewall) and try it. Make sure and look at the built in windows firewall too. (asuming you have windows) If that doesn't work then try poking around in the firewall settings and see if the security is ultra high or it's set to block UT3.

And for good measure, if you do have a router try connecting directly to your internet connection.

Edit: I doubt it's VMware, but I don't know a lot about it. If it's redirecting your IP traffic somewhere then maybe.

Comment

if it is not your firewall , it might be your network interface card.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal View Post
                  OK, he never said he went to his friends house. So it's the same router, different machines.......if there even is a router.
                  I`m guilty as well.i misread his post.
                  So his friend brought his comp around and tried it on your router and it worked.

So that leaves a firewall prob imo.
                  check windows firewall as well as the one you have in.(if you have another one in)
                  make sure they both have access to ut3.exe.

also check for malware & viruses.
                  update your network interface card.

Comment

So that leaves a firewall prob imo.
                    check windows firewall as well as the one you have in.(if you have another one in)
                    make sure they both have access to ut3.exe.

also check for malware & viruses.
                    update your network interface card.
                    Alright I have absolutely no Firewalls. Connected my pc directly to my modem. ive updated my network card uninstalled VMware the only thing left to do is to reformat my computer which is not a option. Where are the UT3 registry keys stored?

Comment

sometimes windows updates re-enables the default windows firewall.
                      Does your computer get access to the internet at all?

If it has internet access go to this page to see if any ports are blocked by something(ISP?)
                      LINK BELOW:

http://www.grc.com/default.htm

Take the "Shields up test" (all ports)to make sure nothing is blocking your ports.
                      You can login right?
                      My geek powers will help you, than frag you after this is settled

Comment

I had this problem a few days ago when my firewall had blocked incoming traffic from the UT3 login system... I only figured it out when I alt-tabbed back to windows.

Seriously, it can't be anything other than your internet, UT3 tries to connect to the master server, can't find it, brings you back to the main login again.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem, with the little differense it all started AFTER i installed the latest patch. I can login if I reinstall the game without patching it, but as soon as I patch it I cant login anymore.

I have no blocking firewalls, I have the ports open in my router. And im quite sure I DID play online with the latest patch for a while but then it stopped working, and havent worked since.

Comment

Shardshifter what type of motherboard do you have? I have a Nforce 680i.

Comment

I have an Asus P5B Deluxe.

After installing the old 1.1 patch I can log in again. Seemes like its only the latest patch that gives me the problem. I wonder why.

Comment

Working...
                              X