Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 and Omega drivers (another game crash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 and Omega drivers (another game crash)

Just had a question. Does ut3 not like omega drivers? I had to do the good ol nuke and reinstall everything bit. Now I cant play UT3 anymore. I patched it, ran the game, set my mutators map loading screen came and it crashed. I got a not responding msg box and have to ctrl alt delete to kill the game.

Then I tried again a few days later this time it crashed while I was playing around in options menu.

I installed FEAR and it runs fine with no problems. Im very disapointed in UT3 so Im not really in hurry to get the problem fixed. Thanks.

I had the same thought process that you're having about your drivers being the issue.

Are you using a Ati card?

If so read about all the issues the x1900 series are having. I think that'll answer your questions.

I switched back to omega after i figured out the problem isn't as much on my end as I thought.

Comment

Im using an nvidia card. 88gts. Before the nuke I was the official drivers, this time I tried the omega ones just for giggles and UT3 crashes. So I thought the omega drivers were causing the problem but. FEAR runs without complaints, I do a lot of 3d work. I use 3ds max under omega drivers and no complaints there.

Comment

The omega drivers are based on older drivers, I believe. Ut3 needs 169.28 and newer.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
          The omega drivers are based on older drivers, I believe. Ut3 needs 169.28 and newer.
          not to mention Omega drivers are worthless nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post

i dont get it.. does the omega driver need 169.28 or all/
            caz on my 8800GT i run .21 and game runs fine.

I feel really sorry for all the people with problems.
            Especially since the biggest problem i ever had was getting low fps in the witcher on a 6600Gt..

Comment

Working...
            X