Deck portal chug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck portal chug

Currently running an e6850 with an 8800gt and I am receiving some large performance hits down the bottom of Deck at the portal with frames locked at 60 and no drop, now I know this has been discussed in other threads but after re-installing ut2004 today I came to the conclusion that maybe it's not Epic's problem, but may just well be nvidia's Teture and Lighting hiccups or driver issues?, that has rendered my ut2004 unplayable due to the same chuggish and laggy effect.
    Anyone else experiencing this with UT3 and 2004?

Originally posted by [FT]ALiAs View Post
    with frames locked at 60 and no drop,
    Anyone else experiencing this with UT3 and 2004?

i dnt get it...
    your want FPS to go lower than 60???
    60 fps is a resonable the play games, though i prefere higher. or are your expecting a higher fps with your setup?

Comment

I was simply stating that when it chugs my frames do not drop below 60 as they are locked to it and it never changes, but when it happens it feels more like 10fps, excuse me if I'm not making to much sense at the moment as it's just after 4am....

Comment

I get it, on an 8800gts 640, amd cpu, vista 64.

No drop, just chugginess ... sure its known .... can't check now though

Comment

Yes we all do.

There are whole threads discussing this.

So, move on until the next patch..

Comment

nVidia is constantly refining their Forceware driver architecture. Your best bet is to go with bleeding-edge beta drivers. The performance boost is quantifiable on my site where I've been logging benchmark averages for the last few releases:

http://www.alcomsplace.com

Comment

One thing I would say is, first thing is move the world detail slider to 1 and see if it still happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFish View Post
                Yes we all do.

There are whole threads discussing this.

So, move on until the next patch..
                Yes I am aware of existing threads about this issue but what I was trying to point out was that UT2004 also suffers the same issues, but all the time..
                If you are an 8800 owner (not ultra), toss 2004 back in and tell me otherwise..

Comment

No I'm not. But this forum is not about UT2004 right?
                  So let's get back on topic.

Comment

yeah i get the same kinda chugging going on in ut3 but in 2004 its 300 fps + all maxed on deck. what driver are you using?

Comment

2k4 plays great.

Comment

I forgot to mention that the Vista drivers are not showing these symptoms, only in Windows XP..

Comment

Working...
                        X