Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Problems, issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Problems, issues?

Hey everyone,

I'm not new to the forum but I decided since I haven't really been active since the UT2k3 days on here I would register a new username on here which is my PSN ID also.

First off I've read on the forums about people having issues freezing joining offical midway servers, haven't been able to play a midway server all day today (second day owning it). I also notice hardly any servers refreshed at once, I mean I'll pull maybe 20 Deathmatch servers, refresh goes to 16, stays around there. Does everyone play offline with bots (considering no splitscreen, explained later).

Next issue is my headset, it's a bluetooth motorola headset. Works great in warhawk but so far i haven't heard any ingame chat, I haven't been able to chat, It's like i'm playing with a bunch of bots with unique names. Terrible terrible.

Thirdly I know it's not a glith or problem but the game lacks splitscreen which I know is a big topic on the fourms. I mean a game is supposedly the "end all" of FPS games that it's always been where is the splitscreen. I mean Unreal Championship 2 splitscreen, Unreal Championship splitscreen, Unreal Tournament 1 on Dreamcast and PS2 splitscreen.

Moving forward we play games online like call of duty 4, splitscreen included for getting your buddies over with a beer and social playing before you head out for some dinner or a movie. It's the social aspect we want. Halo 3 is the best console shooter because of its robust gameplay and multiplayer options online and off. I plea with the rest hear us out Epic games and in particular the Cliffy and Mark Rein the master minds behind the greats of Epic.

Gears of War was a **** good game and it was fun to take a bud online to get in on the carnage with you, the engine can do it, the PS3 is plenty of a workhorse to handle it.

What do you guys think, I think the game is a great game and a great starting ground but with some flaws and setbacks that hopefully will be addressed soon enough.

Thanks guys and welcome back to the forums for me

good morning! i just wanted to post something on this thread before the hammer comes down and it is closed. UT3 Rules! Akasha is HOT! GO NECRIS! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAMPAGE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMarkness View Post
      Hey everyone,

I'm not new to the forum but I decided since I haven't really been active since the UT2k3 days on here I would register a new username on here which is my PSN ID also.

First off I've read on the forums about people having issues freezing joining offical midway servers, haven't been able to play a midway server all day today (second day owning it). I also notice hardly any servers refreshed at once, I mean I'll pull maybe 20 Deathmatch servers, refresh goes to 16, stays around there. Does everyone play offline with bots (considering no splitscreen, explained later).

Next issue is my headset, it's a bluetooth motorola headset. Works great in warhawk but so far i haven't heard any ingame chat, I haven't been able to chat, It's like i'm playing with a bunch of bots with unique names. Terrible terrible.

Thirdly I know it's not a glith or problem but the game lacks splitscreen which I know is a big topic on the fourms. I mean a game is supposedly the "end all" of FPS games that it's always been where is the splitscreen. I mean Unreal Championship 2 splitscreen, Unreal Championship splitscreen, Unreal Tournament 1 on Dreamcast and PS2 splitscreen.

Moving forward we play games online like call of duty 4, splitscreen included for getting your buddies over with a beer and social playing before you head out for some dinner or a movie. It's the social aspect we want. Halo 3 is the best console shooter because of its robust gameplay and multiplayer options online and off. I plea with the rest hear us out Epic games and in particular the Cliffy and Mark Rein the master minds behind the greats of Epic.

Gears of War was a **** good game and it was fun to take a bud online to get in on the carnage with you, the engine can do it, the PS3 is plenty of a workhorse to handle it.

What do you guys think, I think the game is a great game and a great starting ground but with some flaws and setbacks that hopefully will be addressed soon enough.

Thanks guys and welcome back to the forums for me
      Yeah, well we will see after the patch if UT3 has the guts to last the year. Not just UT3 but the next-gen console games seems to habit of removing features and providing less content.

Comment

Exactly. Thanks for a educated response, much better.

Yeah I don't get it some things you would just expect should be standard now, I mean especially if all the other big sellers toute all those features you should make that a standard to atleast match if you expect to grab that same market of gamers. Console gamers are a differnt market. They like split-screen and multiplayer on a single console, online and off. It's all about the social aspect of gaming. Why do you think Halo 3 is such a big seller, half of the matchs online I play are full of guests and split-screeners. Probably a bunch of guys hanging out having a few beers and having a good time.

Who wants a beer by himself online on the weekend, not me the average console gamer, maybe the PC gamer who plays in his room alone would but not us console gamers.

Didn't mean to rant !

Comment

Working...
        X