error 1335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error 1335

I just bought ut 3 recently and about 65% through the download i got an error saying data6.cab is corrupt, what can i do to fix this?

Well you could do what I did and paste that error into Google and see what others have tried.

Or you could do a search here and find that a LOT of the fixes have already been posted.

OR you could end up like me with none of them working for you and you have to come up with your own solution......like i had to here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601107

Comment

Originally posted by ilikefork1 View Post
      I just bought ut 3 recently and about 65% through the download i got an error saying data6.cab is corrupt, what can i do to fix this?
      I too had this problem and after doing everything on this site and still having this problem this is what I did to solve the Install problem of 1335 on Data6.cab, I have 2 DVD ROM drives the Master is a HP 840 the Slave is a Lite-on it corp. Model SOHC 5236V AFTER MAKING SURE ONCE AGAIN MY REGCUR program was ran after the failed install and all files were removed I disconnected the Slave DVD ROM drives Power cord and the Ribbon from the back of it and ran the install without any ERROR 1335. There has to be some kind of DVD ROM conflict going on because I even did the copy to and run program from the hard drive and still had the 1335 ERROR but not after disconnecting the Slave Drive DVD ROM. Installed from the Master DVD ROM drive witout any trouble. GOOD LUCK

Comment

I have been fighting this battle for 3 days. I did finally get the game loaded...

I networked a PC laptop with the desktop that I wanted the game on. I then remotely accessed the E drive of the laptop from the desktop and loaded the game onto the desktop. It worked the first time. I suspect, as some have mentioned, that some DVD drives are the main culprit in this issue.

Comment

From what I've seen, this problem may well be as simple as your virus scanner holding-up the show as it scans the CAB files when the installer accesses them. Some of the solutions that have worked (read other threads) seem to have one thing in common: The virus scanner was disabled (intentionally or not), or the whole installation process got slowed-down to where the virus scanner interfering was no longer the gating factor. Bottom line: Try just temporarily disabling your virus scanner while you install. It worked for me just now!

Out...

Comment

I had the same error, then someone gave me a link ( can remember it anymore) of a update of the windows installer. I installed it and it worked!

Comment

Working...
            X