Error when randomly playing game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when randomly playing game

Everytime I'm playing the game, at some point, the game will shut down and a window pop up claims "UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". It has happened at the beginning while trying to load the game or a level. It has happened while changing levels. I'm not sure what is going on, but I"m pretty sure my computer is alright to play it.
    Specs are:
    AMD Athlon 63 X2 3800+ Dual Processor
    1024 MB Matched dual channel
    160 GB hard drive
    nVidia GeForce 7300GS 256 OC

Most likely, you just need to update your video card drivers: get Forceware 169.28 and check if your mainboard has any driver/chipset updates on the manufacturer's Web site.

If you're already running 169.28, try completely uninstalling you video drivers with Driver Sweeper and reinstalling 169.28.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Comment

Please would people stop saying update your hardware. It doesn't work. I have updated and removed the hardware countless times, and it usually makes my performance worse.

I get this error but i choose to ignore it. Mine are not that often, how often are yours?

Comment

Okay, this is stupid now.

1) I can only join servers if I have the IP address.
        2) I can't join Passworded servers, as I have to connect through console. (If there is a way to enter a PW when connecting via console, I'd really like to know it).

As it is, it's our clans practice night, and I can't play as I cannot get on the server. Paying out for a game, that I can't play. I'd get a refund, but I doubt the shop would give me it.

Comment

Originally posted by .:ne:.Extro View Post
          Okay, this is stupid now.

1) I can only join servers if I have the IP address.
          2) I can't join Passworded servers, as I have to connect through console. (If there is a way to enter a PW when connecting via console, I'd really like to know it).

As it is, it's our clans practice night, and I can't play as I cannot get on the server. Paying out for a game, that I can't play. I'd get a refund, but I doubt the shop would give me it.
          What does this have to do with the original topic?
          I get the crasha s well, have for a long time, any ideas would be welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X