Error 1605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 1605

I was trying to install UT3 on my machine today, and it crashed.

So I tried again, and I got the dreaded Error 1605-This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

So I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove and I got Error 1628.
    I don't even have UT3 in my Program Folders

What can I do to fix this?
    An is there any way to contact Epic Games? I can't even find a support page, aside from the forums.

My system:
    Vista Ultimate x64
    AMD Opteron 170
    2gb RAM
    8800GTS 320mb

well, UT3 has alot of problems with 64-bit, but that shud be fixed with the next patch.
    Even still, that shudn't make u get the error b4 u even play.

Umm most likely a hidden driver conflict somewhere. But im not PC whiz so yeah.

Umm as 4 support...there are probably phone numbers,. and emails on the ut3 booklet @ the back.
    1 way to get an Admins attention is 2 go "Need Admin" in a brand new thread as the title. Also, you should get alot of help from the cumminity in these forums, they might even fix the problem 4 u.
    Great bunch.

Comment

Thanks for the help, but if I can't get the game installed, how will the next patch help me?

I don't think I can update my DVD from 1.0 to 1.2...

But thanks for the help, I'll see if I can contact Epic. :P

Comment

Any help?

Please?

Comment

make a new thread, so it gets floated to the top, umm best bet is to do a clean install of Vista, that would almost certainly slove the problem also, there's somthing wrong with ur computer, and i don't know what because apparently u get an error saying
          -This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.
          Now, your computer thinks its installed when its not. umm did u get through any stage on the installation process? because, technically, it is installed then, so u might want to uninstall from the disk, if that option is possible.
          Umm yeah...
          sorry for not being much help

EDIT: i don't know why anyone hasn't replied to your thread yet, its very unusual.

Comment

I'd rather not format my computer now, I just installed Windows a couple days ago.

UT3 ran just fine when I was using the x86 version of Vista.

And I can't uninstall from the disk. The Autorun menu will only let me install (which doesn't work)

Comment

Not sure what to say but UT3 runs fine for me on 64bit Vista. So UT3 is installed, but it doesn't appear in Add/Remove programs? If you uninstalled it, try searching through the registry and deleting any keys that might be associated with the game. Maybe that is preventing you from reinstalling? Not sure what else to say

Comment

Hmm just need to check first but do you have enough hd space?

Also clear the reg and try to install again.

Comment

Try this...

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\InstallShield Installation Information" and look to see if you have the following directory, {BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}. Deleted the directory. Once done go to my computer and open the Unreal Tournament 3 DVD and click on SetupUT3.exe

Comment

Originally posted by zone22 View Post
                    Try this...

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\InstallShield Installation Information" and look to see if you have the following directory, {BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}. Deleted the directory. Once done go to my computer and open the Unreal Tournament 3 DVD and click on SetupUT3.exe
                    It works! :O

Thanks a lot.

I had to do some searching, but if you answer this question again for someone with Vista, the Exact file path is:
                    C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\InstallShield Installation Information

And you need to be able to view Hidden Folders.

Comment

Working...
                    X