Still cannot change resolution from 800x600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still cannot change resolution from 800x600

I'm having the same problem as several other members are reporting where I cannot alter the resolution from the default 800x600. I've set world/texture details to 5 and restarted the game multiple time as well as done multiple reboots of my system. I've already installed the version 1.1 Patch.

I have a MSI 8800 GT 512mb video card, windows xp sp2 (up to date), 1 GB RAM, Pentium-D 2.66. I have the latest BIOS for my Mobo and the latest drivers for the video card.

My rig has no issues playing CRYSIS and Call of Duty 4 at any resolution so it must be a UT3 problem.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance. --Eric

I had this problem but then it went away...Ill research and see what maybe I accidenttly did...

Comment

That is a strange issue.

What you can do is open the utengine.ini file and search for ResX=

currently you would see

ResX=800
      ResY=600

Change it to the res you want and see if that works.

Comment

Strangely, I resolved this by setting my desktop settings to the desired resolution and color quality (even though it already was) then went into game.

Comment

Yea keep playing with the settings and clicking "apply." Change screen resolution see if it does anything. It randomly went away for me.

Comment

THANK YOU!!!! That did the trick. None of the other suggestions helped but hard coding the screen resolution in the utengine.ini file did the trick!

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the tip guys. I hate to sound foolish, but I cannot find utengine.ini I even did a search of the whole Unrealtournament3 dir.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadropheniac View Post
                Thanks for the tip guys. I hate to sound foolish, but I cannot find utengine.ini I even did a search of the whole Unrealtournament3 dir.
                It is not under Program Files\UT 3
                It is under c:\My Documents\My Games\UT 3

Comment

A thousand thank yous. I had checked in Documents but wa looking for an Unreal folder. Didn't realize there is a my games folder.
                  I'm an old school Unreal fan and this looks fanfraggintastic!
                  Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X