Nvidia 8800GTS and alt-tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia 8800GTS and alt-tab

Just recently upgraded my gfx-card to an Asus 8800GTS 512MB.

That's when I noticed that alt-tabbing between windows and UT3 is really slow, like 15 seconds or more. With my previous card, Gainward 7900GT 512MB, it took like 1-2 seconds to switch.

Anyone else have this "issue"?
    I run the same resolution in windows as in UT3 (1680x1050) and it doesn't matter if I change world details from 1 to 5.

I have an ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB card and when I alt+tab out of UT3 it takes a fraction of a second but when I used to try to open it back up it took about 15 seconds... Now if I alt+tab UT3 won't even open back up at all and I have to end the program and start it back up again. It sounds like we have a similar issue, hopefully someone can help us out.

Comment

I have an 8800 GTS 640MB, and my alt tab is almost instantaneous.

How much ram does your system have?

Comment

Same card, as soon as I alt tab it happens very fast.
        But alt tabbing back or clicking the running game in the task bar, the game takes a bit to get going.

Comment

No idea why that could be.

How is that card, btw. I might pawn mine off, and if so, that'd probably be my upgrade path.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawnz0rz View Post
            I have an 8800 GTS 640MB, and my alt tab is almost instantaneous.

How much ram does your system have?
            I have 4GB, so that shouldn't be an issue, and as I said previously.. it didn't happen with my 7900GT-card.

Comment

I have this prob too. 8800GT though, but my system is otherwise overkill.

Comment

Same issue with a different system.

Anyway, there are more important problems with the engine to be fixed first.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
                  Same issue with a different system.

Anyway, there are more important problems with the engine to be fixed first.
                  You're probably right, but that doesn't mean that this isn't an issue which needs to be fixed. If you accidentally alt-tab out of game (which is a noobish thing to do) you're screwed if it takes 15-20s to get back in.. which imo is a big issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X