Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE tell me what is going on with my sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, the thing is that this has not been a consistent problem from the start - for most of us. It seems to have manifested recently.I am just wondering if we are frequenting certain types of servers (no, not that type, dolt!)...

I was on a 32 player the first tiem it happened, and a 24 player the second time...

Comment

Hmm I hope your sound and/or video drivers arent crashing??..
      To be sure its not an online thing, disable your internet connection by going to start-->control panel-->network connections and disable the connectoin that you use (this will also end the process svhost that controls network). Then try it. IF its still the case, then it has to be locally based.

Comment

And move this to Troubleshooting FOrum

Comment

Thing is, I (and all the others, I guess) have this issue only with UT3, I never got that in any other program or game. My drivers are all up to date and my specs are pretty different to the others here.

AMD X2 4200+
          Radeon x1950 Pro
          Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS
          Win XP

Comment

To Haslo's point, I have the latest beta drivers from nvidia as well (169.28) and I still have the issue, identical to NIN's... I cannot imagine why, but I usually have to leave the game and come back in to resolve the issue (just leaving the server won't do). Occasionally, I have to reboot and, like NIN, it happens very intermittently. I did get rid of the dual SLI 8800GTS and replaced them with a single 8800GTX oc'd and still have the same issues.

Comment

Gee, sorry I can't really help you then. I'm sure there's somebody at Epic thinking his brains out about this issue, bugs that sometimes show up but not consistently and that can't be tracked down to a specific cause just yet are the most annoying ones (I should know, I work in software development too)...

Comment

Hmm..I know I dont have a monster rig...But I use the Onboard Realtek HD audio system on my PC..And I NEVER have had this problem....Do you guys know for sure if it's only ONLINE matches, or are you playing OFFLINE bot matches when this happens?

Comment

Online, and it has only happened twice (in the last week) since I bought UT3 last year.

Comment

It happens mostly on Sandstorm, had it today again... tried reconnect, same problem.
                    Quit UT3 and started it up again, all is ok.

Comment

Just had this crash again today.

Since last time, I have update onboard sound driver with the latest ones from the Realtek site, I think it was 1.85 or something.
                      I also added a fan to the chipset heatsink to keep it cool incase that was the problem.

But no, it still did it

Epic can you note this down as a problem please. I heard someone else had the same problem who I was talking to on IRC the otherday & they have the Realtek HD onboard sound also.

Comment

Working...
                      X