Unusual Shading Errors in Unreal Editor 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Shading Errors in Unreal Editor 3

I have an ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB video card and it runs UT3 splendidly at max settings with no graphical glitches. However, when I start up the Unreal Editor 3 I get all kinds of shading errors. Anything that would produce a shadow on 1 surface also produces a shadow that seems to be off in the distance but shows up in front of other surfaces. If I disable lighting everything works just fine but you can't design a visually detailed level without being able to look at lighting effects in the editor.

The issue I'm having is hard to put into words and I'm not currently in a place where I can upload screenshots so I'm hoping someone has encountered this issue before and already knows how to resolve it. If not any suggestions would be appreciated

Make sure you have the latest drivers, in case.
    and see if you can get pics up soon so we can see what its about.

Comment

Ever find a solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem

Comment

Does it show up after you build lighting? The viewport will use dynamic lighting for everything until you build static lighting. Dynamic lighting + CSG = Lighting and Shadowing glitches.

Comment

After I rebuild lighting everthing is ok. But as soon as I move any objects they become "infected again". I don't think this is normal since I've been following some video tutorials in which this doesn't happen. Any ideas?

Comment

Hmmm... never mind... I guess it is normal... Just seems to be a little extreme on my computer... oh well.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ytse77 View Post
              After I rebuild lighting everthing is ok. But as soon as I move any objects they become "infected again". I don't think this is normal since I've been following some video tutorials in which this doesn't happen. Any ideas?
              That's because moving objects will affect the lightmap. I'm afraid we'll just have to deal.

Comment

Working...
              X