• Show
Clear All

A noob question.

can this cpu
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116052
    work with this Mobo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ga-m57slis4
    im was noobish keke thanx in advance =)

No. Thats an AM2 motherboard (AMD). You want to find a socket 775 motherboard that supports core2duo CPU's.

Comment

ECS G33T-M2 LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard. this mother board would be perfect for you if your still going with that same processor. heck it could even handle a quadcore.. i would put the page but i dont know how to put links in replys. its also at neweggs.

Comment

thanx guys sorry for the nub questions lolz here are my current specs
        * CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU
        * HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM)
        * MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte M57 SLI-S4 nForce4 SLI Chipset
        * MEMORY: 2GB pny PC5300 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
        * POWERSUPPLY: 750w cooler master
        * SOUND: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card
        * VIDEO: PNY verto 8600 gts verto 256mb 675 core clock
        i guess ill just upgrade my mobo......and hope for better performance than the current mobo and cpu thanx=)

Comment

Originally posted by Ctrl_Alt_Delete View Post
          i guess ill just upgrade my mobo......and hope for better performance than the current mobo and cpu thanx=)
          If I'm not mistaken, your motherboard would be fine for running a high end AMD CPU (see Gigabyte's website; you might have to flash the bios depending on the board revision). I'm running the nforce 4 chipset and have run my cpu with an nforce 5 series. I couldn't tell much difference. Rather than spending $150 on a new mobo and cpu, if you put that $150 towards an AMD X2 to use with your current mobo, you should get much, much better performance than the other upgrade path you have selected. I'd go with the AMD 5600+ for $140.

Comment

Edited: Duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, your motherboard would be fine for running a high end AMD CPU (see Gigabyte's website; you might have to flash the bios depending on the board revision). I'm running the nforce 4 chipset and have run my cpu with an nforce 5 series. I couldn't tell much difference. Rather than spending $150 on a new mobo and cpu, if you put that $150 towards an AMD X2 to use with your current mobo, you should get much, much better performance than the other upgrade path you have selected. I'd go with the AMD 5600+ for $140.
              thanx man but i already have the cpu and now im in search of a good board ($100) to go with it and will be overclocking the reviews for the ECS G33T-M2 LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard didnt seem to good.Any other suggestions┬┐ thanx

Comment

Working...
              X