Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What UT3 settings can my PC run? + sound card question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What UT3 settings can my PC run? + sound card question.

Hey,

Okay, 1st of all this thread isn't about boasting how "ultra or good my machine is"

2nd, I actually want to know because i've heard that UT3 graphics just aren't the same when they're on medium low.

What UT3 settings can my pc run? High, med-high, med, low-med?

3rd, Is a sound card really required? I have one, but it might not work because, of a previous thread saying there is a conflict, and it's old, and what's wrong with running off the MTB? If a SC is required.

My sound card is : 'SB Audigy 2 ZS', some might remember that name from a previous thread called "SB Audigy 2 ZS conflict with UT3".

I don't have My PC yet or Unreal tournament 3. My specs are posted below in my sig.

You shouldn't have any problem running the game at 1024x768 or widescreen equivalent with screen percent at 100% and world and texture detail at 3.

Shouldn't be a problem with you SB card either if you have the latest drivers.

Comment

with an 8800gt you should be able to run it at 1900x1200 at max details.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfjkl View Post
        with an 8800gt you should be able to run it at 1900x1200 at max details.
        This is wrong information. You will still be limited by your processor.

Comment

shoot, is that 3/5 BTW? Also, is that bad texture detail? or alright? or what?
          If someone could take a 1280X1024 or whatever it is and show me, that would be great.

Comment

And also, 2.4ghz is the reccomended processor is it not?
            What if i was to overclock 2 2.6ghz
            also, does overclocking use up more power?

Comment

It's not bad. I run the almost the same setup at work and you can actually play with world and texture detail at 5, but you will experience a lot of hiccups... very annoying. Once I turned those two down to 3, I was happy running at 1360x768 resolution.

Comment

I guess, I've also heard that ur moving and doing stuff so fast, u dont really have time to look at the texture and enviroment detail.

Anways i can always experiment, see what its like on 4 an whatnot.

Thanks for ur reply

Comment

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
                  3rd, Is a sound card really required? I have one, but it might not work because, of a previous thread saying there is a conflict, and it's old, and what's wrong with running off the MTB? If a SC is required.

My sound card is : 'SB Audigy 2 ZS', some might remember that name from a previous thread called "SB Audigy 2 ZS conflict with UT3".
                  I think your sound card will work as long as you don't have some hidden driver conflict somewhere. I'm fairly confident now that when I ran the uninstall program for my soundmax card that it left some registry entires hidden somwehere. In a last-ditch effort to get my sound to work I had to format / reinstall vista.

Aside from a minor sound 'hicup' during the mission breifings, which I am told is normal, everything runs flawlessly on my machine (which is comperable to yours).

I think you'll know what settings your PC can run when you encounter a setting that lags your machine during heavy fighting sessions. Considering your hardware, theres not much more you can get, aside from upgrading to some extemely expensive Core2 Extereme Quad processor and/or an equally expensive SLI configuration. You could easily fork out 3 grand plus for thoose 2 things.

Check out ultrons tweak guide at the top of this forum. It gets recomended a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X