Please post your working Soundcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post your working Soundcard

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the SB Audigy 2 ZS is not going to work with UT3.

This is my Soundcard problem thread; http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600409

If I cant resolve this issue, I will probably have to purchse a new soundcard. I was hoping to hear some recomendations for what soundcard to go with. I'm tired of dealing with soundard issues... I've been doing it since Vista was released.

I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum and have had 0 issues since purchase.

Also, I posted a response to your problem thread, give those a try and see if it helps

Comment

1up that X-Fi. Buy an Auzentech Prelude, which has the X-Fi chipset, but it's built with better parts. If you use surround sound like I do it has AC3/Optical in the back of the soundcard. Works UT3 like a charm too.

Comment

I have a audigy 4.

Comment

the same card works fine for me. I have a custom driver though I'll send it to you if you want. What OS are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by FYouFragU View Post
            the same card works fine for me. I have a custom driver though I'll send it to you if you want. What OS are you running?
            Vista Home Premium. Where did you get this driver ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawnz0rz View Post
              Vista Home Premium. Where did you get this driver ?
              Found it on some forum where they have a bunch of custom Creative drivers and software. I'll try to find the link and post it on here later.

Comment

Dude, it cud just be vista, as everyone knows, vista is fully optimized yet, and running ut3 through vista, vista might not be reacting to the signals that.... ah too goddam complicated. also too much to write, basically it's probably vista. old card, 2nd hand signals - vista.

Comment

any x-fi card that does not have x-ram will work ok, the x-ram causes some some issues atm.

i use a X-Fi Platinum with no problems.

Comment

I have a Gamer edition of the X-FI series too no problems running it on XP Pro...

Comment

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy HD (the newer HD version) and it works flawlessly :P. Sound awesome too! (5.1 rocks in this game).

Comment

I have two PCs running UT III beautifully.

The old PC:
                        Intel 2.4c CPU
                        2 GB RAM
                        eVGA 7800 superclocked AGP video card
                        Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS soundcard
                        Logitech Z680 5.1 surround sound speakers.

Running XP Pro with all the updates, soundcard is updated with Creative's auto update site.

Use Hardware OpenAL is checked in the interface, game has zero crashes and the sound is in 5.1 in game.

The new PC I just built:
                        Intel Duo Core 2 6850 CPU at stock 3.0 GHz
                        2 GB RAM
                        eVGA 8800 GT video card
                        Soundblaster X-Fi Gamer soundcard
                        Logitech Z680 5.1 surround sound speakers (I own 3 sets, one is on the TV)

Also running XP Pro all updates, and the X-Fi card is updated via Creative's auto update.

Use Hardware OpenAL is on for the soundcard as well, and running the game at 1680x1050 with eye candy up to max.

I keep reading all of these sound card issues, it has not plagued me at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X