No announcement yet.

The Unfixed C++ Error Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Eldraad. The sound fix didn't work, alas. I only moved one of the sticks of memory to a different slot, simply trying the other one out in the same slot but without the other stick. So, er, yeah, maybe I should try moving them both to slot 1 or something.
    EDIT: That didn't work either.
    EDIT2: Here's something odd. Rather than stopping on the memory check, the log stops at this for my last attempt:
    Init: OS stats:
    Init: Windows Vista
    Init: RemoteDeskt
    ...perhaps not a memory thing after all?

Comment

Originally posted by DrFish View Post
      Thought so, too.
      But, wrong. In my case, and in another one, it was just the little lower than required RAM voltage. Especially on newer systems this is a regularity.
      An application may quit functioning with an absurdly misleading error message since something else has happened in the back stage, but resulted as a loss of control in the application core or its dynamically linked library.
      In Linux it is called "segmentation fault". It could be _anything_ from buggy driver or binary incompatability to hardware failure.
      In other cases it is a more direct Blue Screen and/or reboot.

My advice: start to suspect your hardware configuration.
      C++ error is software error. But could be an hardware error? on voltage of ram? This solution is ok to the problem in question of C++ error?

If yes, how can i modify the voltage? entering in the bios setting?

Comment

Originally posted by ClmUt3 View Post
        C++ error is software error. But could be an hardware error? on voltage of ram? This solution is ok to the problem in question of C++ error?

If yes, how can i modify the voltage? entering in the bios setting?
        You can indeed. Didn't make any difference to me - mine was already on 2.1V. But give it a shot.

Comment

Okay! I've fixed my problem..so far anyway. At least the game is working now.

I was having the problem where I would get the C++ error upon the splash screen.

How this was caused: Freezing/Lockups/BSOD during the game forced me to hard reboot the computer. Then when it started up again, I got these error messages.

How I fixed it: To fix the problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This did not work. So I re-applied the UT3 1.1 patch. BINGO it worked again.

I have not tried installing the 1.2 patch on top of this..I'm a little hesitant to do so because it works now!

My specs:

AMD Opteron 170
          Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
          2 Gigs of Ram
          Nvidia Gefore 8800GT
          Windows XP
          Nvidia Beta drivers (169.28)

Again, just to sum up:

PROBLEM: UT3 Splash screen causing C++ error

CAUSE: Hard resetting of my machine when it randomly locked up during load of either main menu or various maps

SOLUTION: I uninstalled, then reinstalled the game. I then applied the UT3 Patch 1.1 (This was what I had before the error began)

I have yet to install the 1.2 patch.

Comment

Hey,
            ****** posted in the wrong thread soz guys.

Comment

Perhaps I should try with just the 1.1 patch, although given that both the release version and 1.2 fail I doubt it'll make much difference...

Comment

error again

So I installed the new ccc 8.2 and unreal seemed to run a little more consistent. I have pretty much given up on having Oblivion installed, because once I install this I get the C++ error and unreal either crashes loading up a map or it doesn't even load the game.
                Once I installed the 1.2 driver the game seemed to run a little smoother. Then I tried a warfare match and it kicked me out. I am able to play dm maps. However putting them on a cycle, I got the c++ error again when Deimos (I think that's the name) went to load. So I reset my pc, went to play unreal in this stage and got some blue screen about driver in a loop (ati2dvag). I'll probably post this problem in another post given that this is about the C++ error.
                I think I'll reinstall UT3 and just put the older patch in, only a few maps wouldn't work, compared to most warfare maps.

Comment

The only other thing that I have heard (lots of probs with people on Vista & XFI and UT3) is an update for microsoft visual c++ 2008. If I read that correctly it solved one persons problem but who knows. Looks like a number of people with the above listed items have a problem that there is no over all solution for. I have seen sound drivers changed (not always worked), turning off Openal somehow, removing the sound card and all drivers from the system and updating the C++ files with a 2008 version. None of which has worked for everyone. One person seems to have totally reformatted his system and reinstalled the game (don't know if that was the ONLY thing reinstalled or not to see if it worked) only to start getting the error a day or so later. Seems to be a lot of variables with the Vista/XFI/Ut3 combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldraad View Post
                    Seems to be a lot of variables with the Vista/XFI/Ut3 combo.
                    Too right. I've tried everything short of wiping out all my data, although I have had to re-install Windows completely (unrelated - Windows Update failed). And still no luck...still, I've got plenty of Super Mario Galaxy finished while waiting for various things to install....

Comment

So if worse comes to worst and you have everything backed up are you going to install windows again and your drivers THEN ut3 and nothing else to see if you have the problems still? Cause "Been there Done that" For Chronicles of Riddick...but it did have the grace to work afterwards. It was a last resort for my Nephew. Gads, the stuff I backed up off of his pc....

But that is for worst case and not for the faint of heart (I cringe when I come to that conclusion).

Comment

Originally posted by Eldraad View Post
                        So if worse comes to worst and you have everything backed up are you going to install windows again and your drivers THEN ut3 and nothing else to see if you have the problems still? Cause "Been there Done that" For Chronicles of Riddick...but it did have the grace to work afterwards. It was a last resort for my Nephew. Gads, the stuff I backed up off of his pc....

But that is for worst case and not for the faint of heart (I cringe when I come to that conclusion).
                        I basically have done that - OK, I didn't reformat but the drivers were wiped and I only installed one other game before UT3, and perhaps a couple of programs like Winamp. Things are worse now! It's bizarre.

Comment

SUPER MAXIMUM BUMP. Recently, after an all-night stress test revealed one of my memory sticks to be bad, my PC builders kindly sent a replacement by courier. Having installed it and run the same stress test, it would appear to be better, and guess what, UT3 works! Is what I would say if it actually did but, of course, IT STILL HAS THE C++ ERROR. Excuse me while I bury myself in a concrete tomb.

Comment

I'd like to climb aboard this train wreck. I've gotten passed the black screens. The blue screens. The Error reports. The artifacting. The lag. The stuttering. The Editor crashing. And still, this tumor remains embedded in the depths of my UT3 Collector's Edition installation. I've tried reinstalling, every single listed INI tweak on this site, over 30 different clean-installed driver versions, DX updates, C++ Runtime/Framework updates, Windows XP patches, patched/unpatched UT3, reformatting, registry cleans, every scan imaginable, reformatting again, reinstalling again, redistributable DLL's and other countless things. I've run 48 hour stability tests on every individual piece of hardware on my computer, and the whole thing together. No errors, nothing is overclocked, nothing is running hot. I don't have any problems with any other games. But with UT3, I get the instant gratification of loading a map and playing a round, only to load another one and get hit with this mocking error window, UT3 still responsive, but unplayable without any sort of key-press acknowledgment. What did I do to deserve this? How have I displeased the Tournament gods? Why hasn't Epic done **** about this?

Comment

AIUTO/HELP:

I've read various messages about C++ error but i haven't seen before a solution for this problem, in other word a solution that give positive effect about this problem.

So, a lot of people (many many many person) can't play to the game. Some of this can play to the game but only for a few time because appear the the C++ error.

In other word, there isn't any solution to the UT3 crash, C++ error.

Comment

Guess I can join the train then as well I get this error in campaign now I'm at the harbor mission (first one with the krall) whenever I see one it just gives the error really stupid oh well

Wish there was some fix but I don't see anything that has helped yet

Comment

Working...
                                X