Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a PS3 owner and i want to make maps. Can my computer run the EDITOR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a PS3 owner and i want to make maps. Can my computer run the EDITOR?

First off thanks to all the modders and cookers for providing us grateful PS3 owners with all your hard work. THANK YOU!!!

P.S. To the PS3 owners out there harassing the modders and cookers can you just relax and let them do what they do .

Okay well then I have a quick question. Can my computer run the Unreal Editor? I'm very interested in making maps for the Unreal community, except im worried that my computer will not be able to run the Unreal Editor. If my computer can run it at a snails pace then ill be fine with the purchase of my second copy of Unreal 3.

My computer is a Acer Aspire 5570 with the Intel Core Duo processor T2250 (1.73GHz. 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Maximum Graphics Memory: 224 MB) and 2GB DDR2( support dual channel)

I'm ready to make maps so if someone could help answer my question it would be appreciated. THANKS.

Rather than speculate, it might be better to ask people who are able to run the editor with older computers to post their specs, so you can compare.

Comment

Ya but my Dell laptop could run Half Life 2 better then my new Acer and my Dell laptop was a Pentium 4 with 64 MB NVIDIA card. So comparing older computers might not work for me considering i cant figure out why my Dell performs better. I just need someone who knows what they're talking about to tell me if i can run it or not. I just want to make maps for all of us Unreal players. Thanks

Comment

yea, if you go grab a real video card, you'll be able to run the game and the editor with no problem. The reason your dell was faster was because of the nvidia card

Comment

Originally posted by whipSwitch View Post
          yea, if you go grab a real video card, you'll be able to run the game and the editor with no problem. The reason your dell was faster was because of the nvidia card

He's right, without it though I really doubt that it will run and if it by some chance it does its going to be really choppy in the prespective viewport.

Comment

Ya i would if it was that easy but how do you expect me to switch the graphics card out of a laptop, EHHHHHH ?????

Comment

Find a link to a tutorial about how to dismantle your laptop and install a new notebook graphics card.

Comment

Sorry to say but using Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 just might not work.
                if that card supports shader 2.0 then you might get away with it.

what i would do is download the demo,if you can run that then maybe the ed will run ok to.

Comment

Working...
                X