Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought the game and installed it, black screen of death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought the game and installed it, black screen of death.

Just bought the game and installed it everytime I run the game this blackscreen apears. The shade of black change a few times then it stays to one constant colour of black, I'll include my system specs below, I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to so they'll probably be a guy here who has fixed the problem. It's rather confusing and I'd like to start playing Unreal again. ty in advance.

Processor: Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.5ghz
    Memory: OCZ (2x1GB)Dual Channel Platinum Revision 2 XTC Series DDR2
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    Video Card: 8600 GTS OC 256mb @ 710/2000
    Sound Card:Xi-fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1
    Speakers/Headphones:Logitech X-530 5.1
    Keyboard:Zboard Classic
    Mouse:Revolution MX
    Operating System: Windows XP home

First order of business, before the real techs get here: Make sure your system is all updated. Every last driver, and the dual core optimizer thingy.
    Make sure you've got the UT3 1.1 patch.
    Does it happen on startup? You may want to peruse the start of the Gears PC compatibility issues thread, as some issues are shared by the two titles.

Also, since you have an X-Fi card, if you're going to be using Hardware Open AL, you'll need to grab the OpenAl32.dll and (I think) wrap_oal.dll from your WINDOWS/system32 directory and drop it into ProgramFiles/UnrealTournament3/Binaries, or it'll crash within a few minutes after activating HOAL.

Comment

I'll update, move files, check threads and report back later.

Comment

Working...
      X