Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 + 8800GTX + Q6600 = BSoD

hi there,

I'd like to know if you're working with NVidia about the problem in the drivers 169.28 ?

Nearly each time I exit the game, I have a BSoD, and if I don't have a BSoD after playing UT3, I'll have one if I played UT3 and I try to shutdown my computer. I can play UT3 for a long time, but the problem happens only after that.

A guy at FSS (Hellgate:London) narrowed the problem there was something related to the core 2 quad and the nvidia drivers, and he's right, I can send you a minidump showing you that the video drivers crashed.

The problem is... the BSoD only happens with UT3, I only have a little memory leak (4BG RAM) with Hellgate:London.

So... is it a known bug on your side ?
    is nvidia working really hard on it ?
    are you helping them ?

You can find my dxdiag here if you want:
    http://syl.ph.free.fr/hgl/DxDiag.txt
    http://syl.ph.free.fr/hgl/DxDiag64.txt

Good luck

I have a q6600 Quad & geforce 8800gtx and have yet to have any memory leak issues.
    I have like poor fps for some reason on certain maps. there's 1 map that runs perfect until I get the amp damage then bam poor fps until I die or amp wears off...

now about hell gate London...

I have yet to be able to pass level 12 with out memory leak issues... I constantly crash the game says Graphics drivers stopped responding. then It loads back into the game with a shield and two swords. then graphics stopped responding then I blue screen and reboot... I cant even play that game its like I have 1-5 fps the entire time of freeze and unfreeze then blue screen.....

Any who.
    Try turning off Open AL. Perhaps its a sound related issue.. there's a bug with x-fi cards that constantly crash the game with open al with messed up sounds =o..

um by the way. what is bsod?

Comment

did you happen to have an ATI card before the GTX? also is anything overclocked?

Comment

Open up UT3 and get to the main screen.

ALT-TAB back to desktop.

Open up the Task Manager.

Find the ut3.exe in the Processes tab.

Right click on ut3.exe and choose "set affinity"

Uncheck all the cpu cores, except for CPU 0.

Close the Task Manager and ALT-TAB back into UT3.

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by HykCraft View Post
          Open up UT3 and get to the main screen.

ALT-TAB back to desktop.

Open up the Task Manager.

Find the ut3.exe in the Processes tab.

Right click on ut3.exe and choose "set affinity"

Uncheck all the cpu cores, except for CPU 0.

Close the Task Manager and ALT-TAB back into UT3.

Have fun.
          So the "fix" for this issue is to disable half of your computing power?
          You've gotta be kidding me.

Is this the same problem? These are excerpts from Windbg that I've been trying to make sense of:

EXCEPTION_CODE: (HRESULT) 0x80000003 (2147483651) - One or more arguments are invalid

FAULTING_IP:
          nt!MiDereferenceSegmentThread+a2
          8051fffd cc int 3

TRAP_FRAME: a7313c98 -- (.trap 0xffffffffa7313c98)

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: UT3.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 80543908 to 8051fffe

STACK_TEXT:
          a7313d4c 80543908 00000001 fc8eee94 00000001 nt!MiDereferenceSegmentThread+0xa0
          a7313d64 7c90d800 badb0d00 7c90eb94 00000000 nt!`string'+0x18
          WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
          Invalid unloaded module list count

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

The BSOD error codes(upon restart) were:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : 80000003 BCP2 : 8051FFFD BCP3 : A7313C98
          BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I need to know if this is the same issue that can be resolved by disabling one of my CPU's for UT3.exe or if it's something else entirely.

Thanks!

Comment

I dont understand why you need to do that. I am running the same Card & processor with out any hitches.

Might it be his ram,motherboard or something els thats messing him up???

Have you updated your motherboard lately? that seams to have fixed nearly all my problems with ut3 & some other games

Comment

@Vertigo101:
              my rig, Vista 64 installed: http://syl.ph.free.fr/conf.php?prix
              yes, everything is up to date (bios and drivers)
              I don't have a memory leak with UT3, I only have a BSoD. And when I restart my computer because of the BSoD, Windows tells me that the video drivers crashed and ask me if I want to check online for a solution (rofl)

@RUKKUS: no, I have a clean windows install.

@HykCraft: I will try this, but I'm sure it won't work because it's related to the video drivers.

@Warpus:
              Here is the message I have in Windbg:
              Code:
              PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES (76)
              Caused by a driver not cleaning up completely after an I/O.
              Issue a !search over all of physical memory for the current process pointer.
              This will yield at least one MDL which points to it.  Then do another !search
              for each MDL found, this will yield the irp(s) that point to it, revealing
              which driver is leaking the pages.
              Otherwise, set HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory
              Management\TrackLockedPages to a DWORD 1 value and reboot.  Then the system
              will save stack traces so the guilty driver can be easily identified.
              When you enable this flag, if the driver commits the error again you will
              see a different bugcheck - DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS (0xCB) -
              which can identify the offending driver(s).

Comment

Oh 64bit. I here that has a lot of issues with ut3 from the forums =o. all my stuff is 64bit as well but I got the wrong windows by accident and ended up with the 32bit version =o

Originally posted by Syl View Post
                @Vertigo101:
                my rig, Vista 64 installed: http://syl.ph.free.fr/conf.php?prix
                yes, everything is up to date (bios and drivers)
                I don't have a memory leak with UT3, I only have a BSoD. And when I restart my computer because of the BSoD, Windows tells me that the video drivers crashed and ask me if I want to check online for a solution (rofl)

@RUKKUS: no, I have a clean windows install.

@HykCraft: I will try this, but I'm sure it won't work because it's related to the video drivers.

@Warpus:
                Here is the message I have in Windbg:
                Code:
                PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES (76)
                Caused by a driver not cleaning up completely after an I/O.
                Issue a !search over all of physical memory for the current process pointer.
                This will yield at least one MDL which points to it.  Then do another !search
                for each MDL found, this will yield the irp(s) that point to it, revealing
                which driver is leaking the pages.
                Otherwise, set HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory
                Management\TrackLockedPages to a DWORD 1 value and reboot.  Then the system
                will save stack traces so the guilty driver can be easily identified.
                When you enable this flag, if the driver commits the error again you will
                see a different bugcheck - DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS (0xCB) -
                which can identify the offending driver(s).

Comment

Have you installed the vista hotfix?

Have you installed the vista hotfix? Nvidia has a vista hotfix posted for vista users who get crashes.

Comment

I installed every hotfix, even those which aren't delivered with windows update (4GB RAM fix)

Comment

Did you try completely wiping your drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper and reinstalling 169.28? That did it for me when none of the other tweaks would, albeit on an XP system.
                      http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Comment

yes, I also tried that.

Comment

Working...
                        X