Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIDEscreen and UT3 - pain or pleasure?

Hey guys,

Bought myself a Samsung 223BW the other day and it works fine. The game looks perfect to me, doesn't seem to have any big problems (I'm on 1.1) but one; I can not aim anymore ...

I upgraded from a Samsung 720N and would of course expected to swing the mouse more to cover them pixels, but this is completely different. It seems to try and make mouse as fast, but the FOV feels weird with it. It feels like I went from 4000 sens to 3000 PLUS mijn axels aren't the same anymore on this 16:10 compared to my earlier 4:3 !

What should I change to make it better? Is there some kind of calculation I can do with the resolution to multiply/divide X/Y accel sensitivities in my ini? I read something about using FOV 100 instead of 90?

Help would be appreciated - cos this has really messed up my competitive play ...

As you said Fov 100 may help.

It also gives a better view when driving vehicles. UT3 clips off the top and bottom of the picture on w/s monitors making the image seem even wider. A higher fov gets some or all of the lost parts back and may help with the aim problems.

Comment

use 100 fov and give it a little time. 4:3 to 16:10 should feel little weird at first.

Comment

I believe I saw some aiming tweaks you could do in the main tweaking thread. That may also help. It was near the bottom of the post for "preferences". Other then that and the FOV you may just need to put in a bit more time to get used to the new monitor. I personally love the WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorebringer View Post
          I believe I saw some aiming tweaks you could do in the main tweaking thread. That may also help. It was near the bottom of the post for "preferences". Other then that and the FOV you may just need to put in a bit more time to get used to the new monitor. I personally love the WS.
          There are quite a few tweaking threads, but I'll try to find the main one. So nobody here has had probs changing screen from solid to wide? Can't believe it, feels friggin weird here ...

Comment

Did you change the resolution? If you had UT3 set to 1024x768 on a standard screen and now you're on a 22" wide screen you must change the resolution to a wide screen format like 1360x768. I apologize if you did this obvious step already, but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread.

Comment

keep in mind the higher resolution you run the harder it is to aim. that's why a lot of the professional players with the best hardware money can buy aren't always playing at uber high resolutions. same goes for all games not just this one.

Comment

Originally posted by FYouFragU View Post
                keep in mind the higher resolution you run the harder it is to aim. that's why a lot of the professional players with the best hardware money can buy aren't always playing at uber high resolutions. same goes for all games not just this one.
                ehh.. huh.. wtf?

Could you elaborate please?

Comment

Working...
                X