Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

5.1 sound in UT3 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.1 sound in UT3 ?

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems getting my 5.1 sound to work in UT3.

I have an Asus P5KC motherboard which has integrated Realtek High Definition Audio (5.1) (Realtek HD driver R1.84)

In the Realtek HD Audio Manager there is an option to test the 5.1 setup, when I run this test all speakers work like they should. But in UT3 only the front left & right (stereo sound) speakers work.

I tried both with and without OpenAL but it doesn't seem to change much.

What gives?

That's weird I get 5.1 with dolby digital. If I fire a rocket and then turn around, I can hear it explode in the speakers behind me. So I know the game works in 5.1

Do you have any other games that do work in 5.1?

Comment

yep, as far as I can tell all other games (NFS Pro Street, COD4, Test Drive Unlimited) work fine.

Comment

lol sounds just as bad as the sound support for Creative Fatality cards! This is all Epic - nothing to do with creative or realtek.

Comment

it's a ploy to make me buy a new soundcard...

So I take it there isn't a known solution for this?

Comment

Bumperdybump!

Comment

The game, as good as it looks, was not designed for PCs in mind, so far clear, why we have clunky menus and a cropped up server browser.

I only hope it will get better with the following patches, or I will sell my copy and leave the unreal franchise I have been so passionate about since 9 years.

Comment

Meelobee

I'm having exactly the same problem with my onboard xfx Realtek HD R1.84. Its a shame because I have optical out on the motherboard and not much space left for an additional soundcard.

Let me know if you find a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Meelobee View Post
                  it's a ploy to make me buy a new soundcard...

So I take it there isn't a known solution for this?
                  Lol hardly, I have a Creative X-Fi card and since the 1.1 patch I can't use surround at all because the game locks up every 5 minutes.

Comment

You need to be in openAL mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      You need to be in openAL mode.
                      Thanks for your suggestion, but if you actually would have read my post you would have known I allready tried it with OpenAL on and off. It doesn't make a difference.

So has anyone found a solution for this yet? (EPIC Guys do you actually read this?!)

Comment

bump, after giving up in Online gameplay I got the decency of completing the campaign, after all I don't want to just waste my money.

And sadly, this problem persists, no Surround sound, I'm using a Realtek HD onboard soundcard, and it works flawlessly for all other 5.1 sound games, but not in UT.

The cherry on top is that, the standalone UDK SURROUND WORKS, 4.0, 5.1 you name it, it works and it has NO configuration whatsoever for either graphic or sound quality.

I think this was some kind of despisable move by Epic to force customers to buy Creative sound cards for UT3, but in UDK you can see that Unreal Engine 3 works perfectly without the Creative bull****.

Seriously guys....

Comment

Working...
                        X