Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Custom Files Downloaded, Forces into Observer-like mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It seems to only happen to me in warfare maps,dm is fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I'm not certain it's downloaded files but I'll try that anyway of course.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if the files were only downloaded, clearing your cache folder will remove them.

My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Cache

delete all the file in the folder to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got the same problem. I die and there's something weird on my corpse then while I'm waiting to respawn, I'm in a no-clip spectator mode with strange controls. After a few seconds I respawn without a weapon and have to run around for about 10 secs before my weapons appear.
    Even after that though I can't see any projectiles leaving my weapons (flak, rocket) but they do damage normally.

EDIT: this gets fixed after I reconnect to the server or restart the game and reappears after some time. Sometimes 30 mins other times a couple of hours.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've experienced this from the beta demo and it's happened a few times in the retail too. So imo it's a bug in the game itself.
    I found that you'd have to type "suicide" into the console to respawn again...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems to have stopped for now, but a response would be nice should the problem come up again ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having same problem as you jp05.All drivers and os up to date,this happens
    to me on downtown map mostly but has happened on others after about
    half an hour of play.First my gun will vanish then i cant shoot then i die,respawn and can fly through walls and dip below and above the map
    as if im not in the game but i still get killed.If i leave server then go back in
    the problem seems to go away for a while.Any ideas guys?I havent downloaded any custom
    files.

intel dual core@2.9ghz
    geforce 8800gts 320mb
    2gb ram
    320 gb hdd
    vista 32 bit home premium

Leave a comment:

• Help! Custom Files Downloaded, Forces into Observer-like mode.

I Joined a Quick match today and while connecting with the server it began downloading custom UT files, one was a custom UI I believe, but there were several others. Now I keep getting put into an observer like mode where my corpse is still in play and people are killing me but I'm stuck in an observer view where I can pass through walls and move freely around the map. I haven't experienced this problem until after these files were downloaded. I've restarted UT3 a few times and joined multiple servers, I managed to play for a bit in one server but after a death I got thrown into the observer-like mode again. I'm new to UT3, so I'm not sure if this is something I'm causing by hitting a key? But again this didn't happen until after these files were downloaded.
Working...
X