UT3 wont even start...(Vista X64)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 wont even start...(Vista X64)

Installed the game and all i get is the splash screen and nothing happens. I have to start the task manager and it shows its not responding. I got the latest nvidia beta drivers and patched the game to v1.1 but still nothing.

need more info. see if you can find an error in the windows event log.

Comment

I have the same problem. So do these people http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591766

Its an audio issue. I got the game to run by switching some sound files in system folder. Sry i forget witch ones. This will get the game to start but in game sound wont work. Only cinematics and intro ads.

Also if you run the game with the -nosound option it will also get past the splash screen.

Comment

how exactly do you turn the sound off?

yeah i know i am an idiot

Comment

I sometimes have the same problem, it's really weird and frustrating. I have to end the process UT3.exe in task manager, and try again until it works, usually the next time, but sometimes it won't for a couple of retries. oh btw I'm running it on WinXP x64.
          it's sad to see how such an awesome game can be ruined by so many bugs and stuff that simply ****** me off.

that probably explains the poor amount of populated online servers, 200 max during evening/nighttime (when most gamers play), and less than a hundred in the morning/afternoon. that's pathetic.

Comment

Check the sticky posts. Try the ini tweaks first.

Comment

Originally posted by HyBreed View Post
              I sometimes have the same problem, it's really weird and frustrating. I have to end the process UT3.exe in task manager, and try again until it works, usually the next time, but sometimes it won't for a couple of retries. oh btw I'm running it on WinXP x64.
              it's sad to see how such an awesome game can be ruined by so many bugs and stuff that simply ****** me off.

that probably explains the poor amount of populated online servers, 200 max during evening/nighttime (when most gamers play), and less than a hundred in the morning/afternoon. that's pathetic.

Yep, stopped playing because of too many bugs. Sad.

Comment

You did? that's pretty stupid dude.

Comment

what sound card do you have? you might need to download the latest OpenAl driver. you people quiting because of the "bugs" have problems with your own systems. if you have your stuff setup right this game runs flawlessly. I run Vista 64 + UT3 here smooth as UT2004 did back in the day.

Comment

I am running into the same problems on Vista x64. I have spent hours and hours of my time trying to just get past the splash screen.

Heres what happens:
                    - I Run UT3
                    - Splash screen loads and loads my CPU to 100%
                    - 15 minutes later, the splash screen has not changed, CPU still running at 100%
                    - I manually shutdown the UT3 process
                    - Windows gives me an error saying UT3 is not responding

I only have onboard sound, I don't have any emulation software, I don't trust anti-virus software and I have tried everything that has been suggested on this forum (Disabling aero, tweaking the .ini file, updating all hardware drivers, disabling anything that might block UT3 from accessing the internet, running UT3 after a clean boot). Nothing has prevented the game for stalling at the splash screen.

I just built my computer last week and have no problems with any other games or software I have isntalled on it. 7 friends and I are arranging a LAN in March and UT3 was supposed to be one of the main titles, but if I can't get it to run, noone else will even buy it.

If anyone has any advice, please help. I just want to enjoy all the hard work that has been put into this game.

My Specs:
                    • Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium
                    • ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard
                    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz (Oc'd to 3.6GHz)
                    • 2 x DIAMOND Radeon HD 3870 512MB (7.12 catalyst drivers)
                    • Patriot 4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333

Thanks!

Comment

Same Exact Problem!!

Comment

well i dont see how any of the ini tweaks would help me. How do i disable sound if i cant even get in the game?

Specs:
                        Q6600
                        8800 gtx
                        4mb ram
                        X-fi extremegamer

Comment

Do the **** .ini tweaks! There are so many variables that could go wrong with this game, there isn't going to be a definitive answer. You just have to try everything. Things like this might allow you to get in the game and start changing settings in the game menu:
                          [FullScreenMovie]
                          ;StartupMovies=Copyright_PC
                          ;StartupMovies=EpicLogo
                          ;StartupMovies=MidwayLogo
                          ;StartupMovies=UE3_logo
                          ;StartupMovies=Nvidia_PC
                          ;StartupMovies=Intel_Duo_Logo
                          ;StartupMovies=UT_loadmovie1

This last section eliminates the startup movies from the game. This eliminates about 10 seconds of movies that play in the beginning.

You can also do the same by adding -nomoviestartup to the end of your shortcut, like so:

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nomoviestartup

That's straight out of Ultron's Tweaking sticky post. Go through it and try these things. In addition, this thread reported a fix via uninstallation of "Host OpenAL Driver":
                          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595179

Comment

I ha the same problem, I think it may have been something to do with having a version of .net framework v2.0 installed. If you have v2.0 of .net framework installed try

uninstalling ut3
                            then uninstall .net 2.0 framework
                            re-install ut

hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by ElmaFudd View Post
                              I ha the same problem, I think it may have been something to do with having a version of .net framework v2.0 installed. If you have v2.0 of .net framework installed try

uninstalling ut3
                              then uninstall .net 2.0 framework
                              re-install ut

hope it helps

I found that I needed that 2.0 framework for the editor to even allow me to access it, until i downloaded it, I kept getting an error message telling me I needed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X