ps3 ut3 freezing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps3 ut3 freezing problems

not always but prob 25% of the time ut3 freezes at the loading screen in multiplayer. is this just a known prob? or is it the disc?

I have not experienced this problem, but those that have claim it mostly happens on the midway servers. I play 95% of the time on user servers, have you noticed what type of server you freeze on?

Comment

It's not your disc or your PS3, I get exactly the same. I was getting it before I started installing user mods and I get it now so it's not the user created content either. Hope Epic sorts it out with an upcoming patch.

Comment

yea they are midway servers weird.....

Comment

yep same here gsw

Comment

Originally posted by undertaker7 View Post
            yea they are midway servers weird.....
            For whatever reason, that seems to be the problem. Try playing user servers with low ping, they are more stable.

Comment

Hmmm... Haven't noticed if the problem is specific to Midway servers, I'll bear that in mind to see if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ProspecT_DefecT View Post
                Try playing user servers with low ping, they are more stable.
                I always play in the servers with the lowest ping so that can't be the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by GSW View Post
                  I always play in the servers with the lowest ping so that can't be the problem...
                  Right, I just added that advice in so he'd get the best overall experience. (No freezing and no lag)

Comment

Did you install the game to your PS3 hard drive? It is a setting in the options section. Mine hardly ever freezes if ever.

Comment

Right... I played for a couple of continuous hours on non-Midway servers and had no freezes at all so maybe it is the Midway servers that are causing the freezes after all. Very strange if that is the case.

Oh, and I have installed the game on my hard drive so I don't think this has anything to do with the freezes.

Comment

I have the game installed and i have also tried it when its not installed and in both cases for me its always, i mean always when there is no one in the server... Which is very annoying because if your like me your always looking for the servers with the lowest ping and people are usually in the servers between 100 and 180, im always looking for 30-60. It rarely happens on user created rooms because people are usually there but it does happen on empty user created rooms too and has in a few case even happened on midway servers with 14 people in it, which happened to me today twice.

Comment

Try this:

Join every Midway VCTF server. I guarantee you that if your PS3 hasn't been freezing then you'll get to see what everyone else has been seeing. VCTF is a gametype that I have had to accept is missing from the game for me, because I would be lucky to get into a Midway server without it freezing. I just tried the VCTF server "Midway 70", and it froze on me just like I knew it would. There are almost never any non-Midway dedicated servers running VCTF so I have to just live without it...

I have gotten maybe one freeze in DM/TDM so I don't think it's a problem there for the Midway servers. But especially VCTF, and occasionally in WAR, certain servers will freeze your PS3 every single time you try to join them. It's the servers themselves that are causing this, I am certain. I have yet to ever have a freeze when joining someone else's server, and I've had someone else try to join the same server that froze my PS3 and theirs froze too.

Comment

yea i did a little testing. its vctf that freezes the most. actually tdm and ctf never froze, but vctf did about half the time. hopefully the patch will fix this as well

Comment

ctf always freezes for me. i have actually never been able to join an empty midway server, i can only join a server with atleast one person

Comment

Working...
                              X