video capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video capture

I know capture cards can record video from your tv, but is it possible to use them to capture stuff on your pc? I really hate using Fraps because it gives my fps a beating if I decide to record (I can barely play above 30 fps as it is). So is it possible for a capture card to do this? If it can't does anyone know of any other hardware or software out there that gives little to no decrease in fps?

all video recording software will give you a beating(even on dual/quad core CPUs) due ro the using systems hardware

if u go GPU>TV carpture card to record>view game with the TV software may have less of an impact but some will record with VCD setteings(2MB/s)

Comment

Why don't you record a demo of the match and capture the demo? You can play without beating, you just have to capture at a later time.
      While viewing the demo I would prefer dumpframe instead of a capturingtool, but I'm not sure if UT3 still supports dumpframe.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryke View Post
        Why don't you record a demo of the match and capture the demo? You can play without beating, you just have to capture at a later time.
        While viewing the demo I would prefer dumpframe instead of a capturingtool, but I'm not sure if UT3 still supports dumpframe.
        I would record the demo afterwards, but I can't find the option to record during online matches. I only see the option while doing instant action. i would like to be able to see my first person view when i go to watch the demo too, but all I can see is in 3rd person rotating camera or the free moving camera.

Comment

Working...
        X